buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Has anyone in here ever thrown a helmet liner in the washing machine when it's got styrofoam in it? My M2R liner has the 'foam by the ears attached to the liner itself. Just wondering if I need to keep handwashing it or if I can throw it in the machine w/out screwing up the styrofoam.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I threw the liner out of the kid's Bell and my HJC in the wash machine, on gentle cycle. Worked like a charm.

Just don't tell my li'l woman I also washed my filters (no toil) in her new setup ;)

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Won't say a thing Pred.

BTW, was there any styrofoam in the liners? This is the first helmet I've had that's like that. The rest keep all the styrofoam in the helmet and keep the liner seperate.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Shameless plug for ProClean 1000 Helmet Renew - good stuff! Quick helmet cleaning and smells great, plus it's just fun watching the foam go to work.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
I washed the liner of my HJC AC-X2 (or whatever it is) in the washer with no problems. I used Woolite and the gentle cycle.

I've also washed plenty of street helmets in a wash tub using Woolite as well. Soak it for a bit, dunk it a few dozen times, rinse thoroughly, and then let it air dry. Worked like a champ. Just don't use any heat to dry it or the liner will shrink and your helmet is junk.

Top Bottom