rockchucker

Nov 17, 1999
A couple of weeks ago we shot about an hour of helmetcam footage at Shady Grove MX. Funny, I only have 1 30 second clip of it, the original file is 1.8G!! The footage is of Mike Gelagotis and myself (camera is mounted on my helmet). Anyway I'm working on uploading more clips but check out www.11000rpm.com/helmetcam.html if you're interested. Dial up users beware.. it might take awhile.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
nice video rockchucker! It loaded real quick for me. 55-60 ft table? I heard a panic rev from the cr on the ground.lol

Last edited:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Hey Aaron, sweet video dude. It was nice meetin ya at the SX in the pits, hopefully we can hook up sometime for a ride.

You know a guy named Marc Williams? He's a pro racer. He does the entire flat track series and he said he usually makes the west coast MX nats and a couple SX's every year. He said this year it's in his contract to do 2 FMX events also. He seems like a totally stand up guy. It was wierd, just driving through my friends neighborhood and see a bike in a garage. After I got to her house we went over there and I just started talkin to him. It was cool to meet somebody like that, who does this stuff for a living, and for him to be so down to earth and friendly.

Last edited:

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Do you have any more you could upload? I could take the 1.8 gig movie....very fast cable. I really like helmet cam stuff. Thanks rockchucker :thumb:

muscle

Mar 17, 2002
Sweet! Its wierd how helmet cam footage is amazingly steady even when landing from big air! No wonder my a$$ is fried after two moto's!

I'm interested in what type of camera and the mount you used. I mean can I just take my Sony Handycam and just duct tape it to my helmet? :eek:

Last edited:

rockchucker

Nov 17, 1999
Bigred - The first jump is a stepup. Not sure on the dimensions. It's not that long but it is tall. Shoots you straight up. It used to be soooo much better but the lip is worn down. Second jump is a smaller table.. Maybe 55-60feet, nothing spectacular.

We've been ripping the video to DVD then converting it to mpg. After it's an mpg we start editing clips. Dunno, maybe I'm doing it the hard way but I don't think the video editting software will let me copy from the camera straight to mpg. Anyway, it's a long process. We're working on it.. I'll keep ya posted.

YZGuy - Thanks for stopping by the pits, it was good meeting you. Sorry things were so hectic and I wish I had more time to chat but practice schedules were being juggled and it was busy to keep up with.

Top Bottom