Bet On Red

Aug 11, 2003
Before you say "SEARCH IDIOT"... Let me inform you that I did do a search and came up empty handed.

I've messed with the air screw and ended up screwing my jetting up =x I tried to fix the problem and it's not as bad anymore. Well to make a long story short, I'd like to have my 2 stroke idle without dying when i let go of the throttle. thanks

Bet On Red

Aug 11, 2003
is the idle adjustment a phillips type screw with a lock nut on it slightly above and forward of the air screw? if so... turn in or out to raise the idle rpm?

merlinnn

~SPONSOR~
Nov 30, 2002
sounds like the idle screw your talking about there and not the air screw. If my memory is correct turning it in increases the idle and out decreases it. The air srew is probably 1& 1/2 to 2& 1/2 turns out (general rule). What type of bike is it?

henny

Oct 21, 2003
Originally posted by Bet On Red
is the idle adjustment a phillips type screw with a lock nut on it slightly above and forward of the air screw? if so... turn in or out to raise the idle rpm?
before you ajust idle screw turn your air screw back to stock position wich is about 1.5 out from fully in, then start bike and adjust idle screw (one with phillips screw with nut on)and to increase idle you wind it in.

Top Bottom