jralbritton

Jun 4, 2009
i have a 96 cr250r i am rebuilding the top end on, or at least trying to. only thing i dont know how to do myself is how to disconnect the power valve "without messing anything up" so that i may remove the cylinder. all inquiries will be much appreciated. i have taken the motor off the bike pulled off the carb, head, and power valve cover.... what next

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
buy a manual. i used a clymer to completely rebiuld me 99 cr250r and it was amazing. very detailed descriptions with real pictures and everything. it will make your life easier and you wont have to second guess yourself. and, it will give your all the torque specs for the head bolts and all the other good stuff.

-mike.

jralbritton

Jun 4, 2009
well the reason i posted this is cuz i dont have a manual at the moment. i didnt want to buy a manual just to know how to disconnect the power valve. i know how to do everything else pretty much, just never done it on a cr250

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
yea, i dont know if there the same. my manual is from 97-01. its been a few months since i did mine i dont even know if there the same. what you can do is take alot of pictures and also get a clean paper towel and line everything up in order. i know the bearings in mine went a certain way with the writing facing out. i mean worse comes to worse you could always get stuck then buy the manual to help you.

-mike.

jralbritton

Jun 4, 2009
they should be basically the same, i know there are two allen screws, are they the first to come off? ill get some pics up for you to see

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
see with mine i didnt have to. there was a rod from the valve to the underside of the jug which in turn moved a rod in the bottom half of the cases. but when you pull the jug the rods seperate on there own. but yours could be different. i dont know when and if honda made big changes for the model i have.

-mike.

jralbritton

Jun 4, 2009
do you have an email address i can send the pics to, cuz it says the files are to large to post them on herre or maybe im not doing it right, i took some quick pics of it for ya

jralbritton

Jun 4, 2009
see i havent even tried to take the jug off yet, i was just told you have to take somthing on the power valve off, so maybe it does just come off

jralbritton

Jun 4, 2009
got it done

thanx mike for all the help, i finally got the jug off, also i found out my bottom end has no damage and the bearings and crank are fine. they're only a year old but i thought maybe peices got into the bottom end and messed that up but they didnt.also i found out the cylinder is sleeved not plated so thats good cuz i got a shop right up the road that sleeves cylinders other wise i was gonna have to send the jug to california to have it plated... yaaaay.

John :cool:

Top Bottom