placelast

Apr 11, 2001
OK: I may be bikeless, but not clueless: My bike ingested some debris which "pin cushioned" the head and piston but the cylinder looks fine, it then it traveled to the bottom end and froze it up, although the rod bearing seemed spared.

Eric Gorr said his backlog is now two months! But that's OK; I trust him and am willing to wait - but what do I do about being bikeless in the middle of prime riding season? Anybody want to rent me a spare? No kidding: I'm willing to pay a reasonable fee for whatever, even a rat bike but at a minimum reliable as I do go to some remote areas (no jokes 'Ol man; I know what you're thinking: that Briggs & Stratton-powered Sears minibike you have, eh? Or that SL90 with burnt valves).

I won't be using it for racing, just trail riding every other weekend and accessing course checkpoints for the next eight to ten weeks. (Oh, then there's the Widowmaker, Baja 500/1000, various SCORE and BOTW events, WORCs, 24-hour torture tests, ISDE....j/k)

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
That's awfully kind of ya, Dave, but that's one's just too nice; can't bring myself to do it, even for simple trailing. Now if I was on the market: ahhhhh YES!

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
placelast,
shoot me a PM or email (brian4wd@hotmail.com) - I've got a '90 KX500 that we could probably work something out for. It's one of those "it's probably worth more to me as a 2nd bike than I could sell it for" situations. It will be at Reno this coming weekend if you're going to be there. I'm also bringing it to Clear Creek for the Piglet/Boar weekend.

Brian

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Hmmmmm. KX 500.....
A reason to go to Reno....

Mr. Gill, do you know how much fun a 500cc 2 stroke is at Clear Creek?

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by Farmer John
Mr. Gill, do you know how much fun a 500cc 2 stroke is at Clear Creek?

We'll just have to find out now won't we?

Gonna have fun jetting the thing at Reno - gotta remember to get the C-12.....
Freshly packed silencer, fresh fork oil, new reeds - can't wait to ride it again after almost 4 years.

Brian

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Well, I'm not a big boy, nor particularly strong, but it's certainly better than using my mtn bike to get to the Piglet/Boar checks. Now if Farmer was in charge,would he make me hike?

Doesn't that thang make like 50 knob-shredding HP? Shoot, I've got a handfull with half that! Wait - I get it: you guys want to see me flay now don't cha? No free entertainment: I'm charging admission for this one!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by placelast
(no jokes 'Ol man; I know what you're thinking: that Briggs & Stratton-powered Sears minibike you have, eh? Or that SL90 with burnt valves).

[/B]

:laugh: John, I sold the BMW but, I still have the Triumph. Only 400 lbs and 4" of wheel travel, you'll love it. :scream:

Check your E-mail. :thumb:

Ol'89r

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
FJ,
Already got a #7 slide (as well as a #6), R1369S (I think - CR250), N82M & N82R needles and a whole slew of PJs & MJs.

I figure with all the jetting experts that will be at Reno it should be a piece of cake.

Brian

Top Bottom