jacobm

Feb 10, 2008
Hey everyone, I'm Jake. I guess I'm a newbie.. I've ridin' a few bikes from time to time but never owned one. I need some help finding my first bike..

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
- I'm 5'9", just under 200 pounds

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
-I work out everyday, and I'm a big fellow so..

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
-See.. this part is confusing.. MX? SX? what are the differences? I have about 20 acers to ride around in and a mile long dirt driveway weaving to the paved road. It's all woods with multiple trails through it from my 4-wheeler. Mud, rocks, sticks, gravel at some places... all of the above. My house is really in a bowl of sorts.. with a hill surrounding me on 3 of 4 sides and my property line runs right along the top of the hill.

4) Do you have any riding experience?
-I've ridin a few bikes, from 125s to a 250 once. I laid the 250 down on a sharp turn in wet grass and haven't been on a bike since. That was about 6 years ago.

5) Do you think you will race ?
-I seriously doubt it..

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
-I'm an automotive tech so yes, I'll be doing all the work I can..

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
-From what I've found out so far, 2 strokes are easier to work on and this won't be a dual use bike.. no paved roads at all so I'ma stick with 2 stroke I think. I guess my preference would be honda.. yamaha.. not sure really.

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
-I'll be going with a used bike so..

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
-I really want to keep the cost at a minimum on the bike itself. 500-750 would be highly desirable.. seems about right for a used bike doesn't it? Just remember I'm only 20 and the budgets tight

10) Do you live in California?
-No

11) Your age?

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
-Remember I'm a newbie so an easy to operate and ride bike is definately high on my priorities..

Thank you
Jake

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
a CR125 would do good. you can get them for $1,000 if you look hard. my friends dad got a bored out CR125 that made it into a 160 or 170cc, something like that. saying that, he only payed 1600 for it.

Aryain

!!!!!!
~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2007
At your size (No offense), I would really recommend that you save up until you have atleast double your current budget and look for an older model 250 2 stroke.

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
On that budget it would be hard to get anything... but a 2- stroke 125 would be good for you (kx,cr,yz,rm) and you can find them for about 1000-1200.

:ride:

chevyss_98

Feb 26, 2006
if you got the guts, go for a 250 2-stroke, with that kind of budget, your looking at pre-1995, they run bout 1200$, i know your budget it small, but you will need more money, trust me

you will find 125's blow-up too much, and not alot of power specially for your size, 250's are pretty endless when it comes to power, im 6'1, and 185-190 lbs, when i went to a 2000 CR250, it was a steep learning curve, but it paidoff once i learned the bike, and it gives you a good workout for sure

when im done school itll be CR500 time! lol, suicide

Top Bottom