HELP!!!!!! Broken Master cylinder and bent clamps

tristan

Jun 12, 2001
I was riding my 2000 cr125 a little over an hour ago and looped out (softly) going up a slippery up hill turn. After i got up i noticed the bottom master cylinder lever holder, just the thing with the hole in it, broke off(it was because the owner before broke the top of the pivot bolt inside the lever and i was unable to get it out. Also the handle bar clamps are bent a little. My question is can i either weld or liquid weld(the stuff in a tube) the bottom of the master cylinder back on and can i have someone hold the forks while i bend the handlebar clamps back. I don't have the money to buy new parts right now. Also I don't have access to a welder, but could probably find someone. Will these parts still be strong? I am soooo MAD because it wasn't even a hard fall and i haven't even had the bike for two weeks yet. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
as far as brakes go, you really dont want to risk any bodge job....imagine your repair holds up for a few rides but then one day you come too fast into a corner or something only to grab the brake and have it fail!

if the bar clamps are bent, take them out of the triple clamps and try to coherse them back into shape with a hammer or vise, but be careful with the threads if you want to get them back on!

tristan

Jun 12, 2001
Thank you for the reply! It seems as if the rubber holders of the camps are bent, what part of the triple clamps should i take off(I've never taken triple clamps apart before)

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
the triple clamp is the thing that holds the forks and steering stem, you dont need to take that off, just undo the bolts underneeth that hold the bar mounts on. i expect you just need to loosen things and restraighten with them loose. but dont ride with out a working front brake!

tristan

Jun 12, 2001
Alright I won't :) Thank you for the help, i am going to straighten them out now. Also i lost the airscrew for my carb and need to get a new one. The bike runs fine with out it, should i wait to ride it until i get the new ones or is it alright to ride with out it?
Thanks again for the help!!!

1999RM125

Mod Ban
Apr 1, 2002
i rode without an airscrew for hmm about a week, no problems :-) if you MUST ride go to a hardware store, and buy a bolt, but grind the end down to like a 60 degree angle, this is highly NOT recomended though

Top Bottom