POHAKU

May 22, 2002
Sorry guys if this is "rookie" and redundant. Can you help a Rookie Hawaiian make this simple, and somewhat turn key for me??

I have an 2002 KDX200 just put a FMFpipe, Sclicer,and Boysen reeds. I trail ride, 2-4 gear stuff; ride at sea level to 2000ft, temp. 80-90 degrees (In Hawaii)

What Jets and needle come stock with my bike? and What replacment jetting & Needle/Airscrew Adjustments do I need to put in.?

From reading the threads it sounds like some of the jets/needle I keep/use are stock?

I'm Running Gas Mix (Motul synthetic) of 45-1, OK?

Presently, Bike is running good, plug is lt. brown with some black, but when I run hard for awhile, and then go to idle the motor "runs up" like gas in running out. If I crack the throttle a couple times then it seams to be back to normal? Thoughts?

Thanks for your time & support..
Aloha, Todd :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

jharmon

Aug 1, 2001
Todd,

I'm not sure what jets you need or not, but I have a Kx250 (1993) and had the same problem. Whenever I ran it for over 3 hours at high RPMs the engine would stay at a high idle. Sometimes it felt like it was almost breathing.

I didn't know what was wrong with it, but my brother noticed my radiator was leaking. I fixed that, took it for a ride, then the bike seemed to run perfectly fine.

I don't know if it was just coincidence or maybe the bike was running too hot.

Sorry I can't help you with the jets.

Good luck.
Jeff

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
I will suggest to you what the threads will tell you. First every bike is different which you know. Second, do the easy things immediately: sag, air box cover, etc. Third, KDX's all come jetted very rich. I suggest needle clip in next to top position, 45 pilot and 155 main jets for starters and work from there! Have fun.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom