Filthy1

May 2, 2008
Try to include the following info in your first post
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)-Im 6'5,270lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?Pretty aggressive,Love alot of tourque
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????Just about anything I can
4) Do you have any riding experience?5 years on sportbikes
5) Do you think you will race ?My friends yes,but just for fun
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?My garage is set up for car restoration and minor bike maintenance
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?Just whatever is gonna give the most bang for the buck
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?Not a fan of stealerships in general but I do have access tom all major brands
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?3k to 5k
10) Do you live in California?No
11) Your age?28 almost 29
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion-Just any info on what to look for in a used bike would be greatly appreciated.Thank you all

Filthy1

May 2, 2008
My main concern is I know nothing about these bikes.I would just like some pointers in what to look for or questions to ask in purchasing a used bike, I really dont want to end up with a lemon or a money pit.Are these bikes pretty bulletproof,or should I worry about the previous owners abuse.Thanks for any input

Apr 30, 2007
This is where I'd definitely suggest a Honda CRF 450R.
It is set up for racing...and definitely a powerhouse that would easily haul a guy of your size around.

If you go used and a little older, pick up a Honda XR650. If you want a bullet proof bike, this would be the one to pick. Maintenence is easy. Put good gas in it, and change the oil regularly. It will last a very long time.

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
justalonewolf007 said:
This is where I'd definitely suggest a Honda CRF 450R.
It is set up for racing...and definitely a powerhouse that would easily haul a guy of your size around.

If you go used and a little older, pick up a Honda XR650. If you want a bullet proof bike, this would be the one to pick. Maintenence is easy. Put good gas in it, and change the oil regularly. It will last a very long time.

Yes i agree a crf450r would be a good choice... it has plenty of tourque... if you save another $1,500 for equiptment and stuff you could get a brand new bike or you could get a used one in your price range... but be aware they have high maintnance.

:ride:

Top Bottom