help finding my older bro a MX bike.

nicolejames

Jun 6, 2006
hey i'm trying to help my older brother find a bike he is changing fromracing quads and getting into mx.

he is 5'7 and weigh about 170
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? Very athlectic.
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? ALL
4) Do you have any riding experience?Yes. but not with maintanence.
5) Do you think you will race ? YES, a few times a year.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? YES, once he learns.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? no idea.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? Looking for used bike.
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike? under 5,000 cdn.

so basically where not sure what to get at this point. he was looking at the 2004 CRF 450r, 2004 KX 250 (2stroke), and 2002 CR 250 (2strokes).

just wondering if anyone can give us some information on the differences and which bike will cost less and take less maintenance. I think he wants to put aftermarket pipe and silencer and new handel bars on but other than that,, what would be other good mods? and whats the best buy in the long term? 2 or 4 stroke?

ps: he rides his quad every day i asume when he replaces that with an MX bike he'll be riding it very oftan.

MtxMike27

Feb 21, 2006
2 stroke will always be less maintenance. 100 for a rebuild (2 stroke) 1,000 for a rebuild (4 stroke).
Fourstroke you can putt around on more, 2 stroke you can't just putt around, you gotta run it in the powerband(high rpms) for a while

Top Bottom