Help folks! My sticker is wrinkled....

Rob84KDX200

Jan 31, 2004
here's one from left-field... brace yourselves...

i've a sticker which came with my aftermarket air filter element. i had it in my drawer amongst my CDs. forgot about it for quite some time, til recently when i had a change of heart and thought sticking it to my sidecover wouldn't be so bad...

thought i had lost it or misplaced it elsewhere, until i had finally found my sticker 'crunched' in a box of CDs, right in the middle of the sticker.

was wondering if there was a way to rejuvenate this sticker, restoring it to a flat uncreased useable condition.

the sticky backing is clean and still there.

i did think about sticking it on the sidecover anyway, hoping that the sticker would flatten out when fitted. but i'm worried it will not properly stick at the crumpled area. was also thinking maybe ironing it flat would do the trick (with cloth over the top of sticker of course, it's plastic...)

well, any thoughts/suggestions? all welcome to brain-storm on this very important topic! :)

the kdx link to this question, you'd be asking? well, its going on my '84 kdx200, just wanting to tart her up. The next 'bubba' stewart pit bike, except i ain't spending $10,000 doing her up!

thanks one and all for reading this (if you've made it this far)...

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
You need to call Sticker Performance. They rebuild all kinds of stickers. They do some amazing work that'll make you think it's a brand new sticker...or even better than new. :thumb:

Rob84KDX200

Jan 31, 2004
Great advice 'super hunky'... i'm onto Sticker Performance right away! :)

They shouldn't have any trouble rejuvenating my sticker. It ain't a Kawasaki sticker, so no Electrofusion coating to contend with...I'd probably be replating any future stickers I'd reckon...

I'm hanging out for the latest edition of Dirt Sticker magazine, with a 10-page sticker shootout feature!

:clue:

Ahhh, I'll try contacting UNI Filter, see if they have any stickers to spare. To save me from subscribing to Dirt Sticker... and my sanity. ;)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Rob84KDX200 said:
I'm hanging out for the latest edition of Dirt Sticker magazine, with a 10-page sticker shootout feature!

Now THAT'S funny! :rotfl:

FLBusa

May 29, 2003
KAY DEE EXER said:
Stick It Inside A Heavy Book Under A Table Leg Or Something Heavy For A Few Days.

Just make sure you put it in between some wax paper before inserting it into you favorite heavy book. :laugh:

Rob84KDX200

Jan 31, 2004
hey kdx'er...

i'm in the middle of trying the 'book under heavy object(s)' method right now...

i've placed the sticker inside a dictionairy, with a complete set of encyclopedias sitting on top of it! These encyclopedias are 20+ years old... with articles on the rubiks cube, atari consoles, and the boom of illegal copying of music via audio cassette... i knew these would come in handy one day. :)

GrassMaster

Dec 22, 2003
If you have got to have that sticker so bad just call up whoever the sticker is and ask for another one. They should send you some. Atleast thats what I always do......

Top Bottom