jayhoo

Mar 31, 2008
Hey, I've been looking at dirtbikes for about two year now and have decided I seriously want to find and buy one now.
1) I'm 6'0 and 140 (i know i'm light)
2) How physical/aggressive? About medium.
3) what do you plan to ride- I live In BC canada so mainly trails in mountainous forest type areas. Also play around in the local pits and climbing up the local sandhills
4) Do you have any riding experience? Only on an ATV. I am new to Dirtbiking
5) Do you think you will race ? No
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Yes
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? I am stuck in whether to get a 4 stroke or 2
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? It needs to be a Yamaha, Kawi or Honda. Those r the dealers here
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? $4000 or under(preferably under ;) ) thats canadian Dollars
10) Do you live in California? No, in BC
11) Your age? 16

I have been leaning towards a 4 stroke because I have never ridden before and thought it would be best for me to handle, but Wats your opinons? I was thinking maybe a YZ250F but would that be to much to handle? Also is the maintenance cost high? could anyone give me a rough idea? if so what would be a similar bike that wont cost so much for maintenace. Some people have told me i could ride a 450, and just go slow while i was learning. What do you think about that, yes or no?
Thanks For all the info!!
Jason

kaufman

Apr 2, 2008
hey.

a yz250f basically has the same amount of power as a yz 125 2 stroke, so if it's your first bike, i would go with less power.

jayhoo

Mar 31, 2008
What about a WR? and BTW, whats the general cost of these per year? how often do u have to put money into it, as far as expected things go.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom