1meanmach

Jun 24, 2008
yeah another one of these anyway help me if you can

1) your physical size 6'1"-6'2" 225-235lb
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? on a 1-10 I'm a 7.5
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? yeah all of that
4) Do you have any riding experience? yeah when I was 13-14-15 I had a xr200
5) Do you think you will race ? not competitvely
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? yeah I could do the general stuff but anything that requires me tearing half the bike apart will be farmed out
7) Do YOU have a preference to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? this is the big questions I don't know. I would like to stick to the major brands but as far as engine size and orientation I am open.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? I live near metro ATL so I have access to all brands
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? I'm kinda cheap I want the best for free but doesn't everyone? I guess the most I would want to spend is $3500 but I really don't want to spend that much on something that I am going to beat on.
10) Do you live in California? no
11) Your age? 24

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
basically, pick your favorite color with local dealer support.

Stick wtih at least a 250cc two-stroke or a 400cc+ 4-stroke

have a bitchen day

Apr 30, 2007
Maybe even more detailed information would be helpful?

Do you live in town? Or are you on a farm where you could walk out the door and tear around the yard?

What is the primary use for this bike? Will you be doing trail rides more? Or will you be tooling around on a track a little more?

These will make a difference...

At this point, I'd say pick up a used CRF 450 F (not R). They didn't make them for many years. It'll haul your frame around with no problem, and the maintainance will be pretty low.

jodyboy

Mar 5, 2008
Any 250cc two stroke. I was out of riding for thirteen years before I just receantly bought an '03 YZ250. I honestly, it's the best purchase I've ever made.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
justalonewolf007 said:
. . . I'd say pick up a used CRF 450 F (not R). They didn't make them for many years.
I've never heard of such a creature. Any CRF450 that's ever been built, as far as I've ever heard, has been an "R" model.

enlighten me.

1meanmach

Jun 24, 2008
justalonewolf007 said:
Maybe even more detailed information would be helpful?

Do you live in town? Or are you on a farm where you could walk out the door and tear around the yard?

What is the primary use for this bike? Will you be doing trail rides more? Or will you be tooling around on a track a little more?

These will make a difference...

At this point, I'd say pick up a used CRF 450 F (not R). They didn't make them for many years. It'll haul your frame around with no problem, and the maintainance will be pretty low.

well I live in Dawsonville, GA which is about 20miles north or Atlanta and I have about 16acres so you could say I could ride in my back yard

Probably doing both trail ridding and messing around on the track just depends what I feel like that day

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom