TorrenT

Jun 20, 2009
Ok so i i have a basic idea of what i want, but i am posting here just to see what everyone else thinks, and if i should get something else.

Ok so as of right now i know that i want a crf 250 and to spend the amount of money that i want to i will probably get one somewhere between 05-07. I love that bike, but one time i was riding my friends and his engine just died on me. We had to tow it back like 15 miles back to camp. I have always had Hondas and never had any problems w/ any of my bikes though. My only questions are would you recomend any of the other brands, b/c i really havent ridden anything other than hondas. And also would you recomend a 250 or a 450, b/c this will probably be my bike for quite a few yrs. I definately like 4 strokes better than 2 strokes.

1) 5'10" 150lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
very
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
desert
4) Do you have any riding experience?
~10 years
5) Do you think you will race ?
-Unfortunately no, i wish i could but i think at 19 its too late to start
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
sometimes, usually get help from friends
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
Honda 4 stroke
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
Yea but I plan to buy a used one
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
2 to 3 grand 3500 at the very most.
10) Do you live in California?
Going to move back as soon as i can, going to buy it there though.
11) Your age?

Thanks,
Thomas

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Desert high speed stuff? I ask this because I've got a riding bud (big guy, TOO big for a 250f) had nightmares with head and valvetrain issues with his crf. He was too heavy for the bike and was forced to rev the p*ss out of it to make any kind of speed. I really don't know much about the crf's, but I'm guessing high rpm running (desert) is kinda hard on them...?
I grew up in Los Angeles, rode some desert... my pick would be a 450 for those conditions.

Top Bottom