Help! Need advice on a bike for my wife

Stoked_KX

Sep 7, 2001
Hi Ladies!

Looking to get a bike for my wife. She's 5'4", about 110 (size 4). She is athletic, but has no riding experience. I'm not sure how serious she would get into riding, so I'm looking for something she can learn on that would not be intimidating and fun for her to putt around on.

So far I have looked at the XR200, or a TTR-125L. Everything else seems so heavy. Please let me know what you ladies think would be a great bike for her.

Thanks in advance!

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Has she tried out the bikes for size? Either one would be okay, depending on what she prefers. Obviously you don't want too expensive as you're unsure about it all, but four stroke's probably the way to go. If she gets into it, don't be surprised if she wants something more soon.
Do check out the links Lori's posted.
Good luck & let us know how she gets on (get her to post too ;))
Michelle

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hi Stoked!! Both bikes you mentioned sound right for someone her size, there are other bikes to try out, however! I think its great that you're checking all this out for her. Good luck, and as Michelle says, get her in here to tell us how she's doing once you get her started!!

Stoked_KX

Sep 7, 2001
She hasn't tried anything yet, but I am looking forward to the trip to the toy store! I am praying she gets hooked like I did. I will definitely let you ladies know what happens and I will get her on this Forum as well. Thanks for the links Lori and Kaw.

BTW: This was my first post in the Women's Forum and it's great to know that the women here are just as great as the guys.

You ladies rock. :aj: (yeah, my wife says I'm a suck-up too ;) )

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Take a look at the new DRZ125L...Similiar to a TTr125L, just with a better disc brake set-up up front (hose, caliper are off of a RM80, shares the same set-up)... All I can say is try them all on and way the options and the equipment the bikes have (performance quality between the play bikes, more then just the motor, the actual equipment). And please don't forget to suit her up properly and remind her that she will eat dirt sooner or later.

Top Bottom