Brains

Mar 28, 2002
Hi all, seasons greetings

KDX 200
Forks - 20mm up in the clamps - 10w oill - stock springs - stock preload ("Stock"I presume)
Shock - 2.5w oill - sag at 100mm

I may be barking up the wrong tree here. When I sit on the bike in the normal sitting place the rear sinks with the load and the front hardly moves.

Surely both front and rear should sink the same amount?

I was thinking to reduce the forks preload by cutting off 10mm at a time.

Am I on the right track here?

Any feed back appreciated.

Sep 23, 2002
wat i do is stand on something and with ur other foot stand on a peg. ex.(right leg on left peg, left leg standing on something) then press down on the peg, see if the front and rear moves up and down together. then u get a pretty good idea from there, but not as good as riding the bike though. hope u can understand if not let me know ill help ya.

n8MX

Mar 27, 2001
This is kinda funny... I went through the same thing earlier today. I was checking the suspension on my bike and noticed the same thing you did. I found that squeezing the front brake made a big difference and cause both ends of the bike to move about the same. My KX manual said this, otherwise I probably wouldn't have thought of it... and I don't know how it's valid (you don't pull the front brake in all the time when riding to balance the suspension) but that is what I found.

Andy

Top Bottom