Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 250 4-Stroke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
This is for a friend, it would not let him register.

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) 5'7 130
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? 5
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? Woods and Fields and maybe some mx tracks.
4) Do you have any riding experience? Just four wheelers
5) Do you think you will race ? Nope
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Yup
7) Do YOU have a preference to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? 2 Stroke
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? Everything except KTM
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? Whatever it takes (preferably cheap lol)
10) Do you live in California? No
11) Your age? 15
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
Not really, there are a lot of fields and trails around and i want to get a dirt bike. I want a 2 stroke and i was thinking a 125?

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
Definitely not a 250 2 stroke for a 15 year old beginner, unless he wants to end up in the ER. It is really difficult to recommend a bike without knowing your friends budget. "Whatever it takes"...does that mean he has $6 grand to spend?

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
A 125 2 stroke would be perfect for the track, but not the trail. 125 MX bikes lack the low end power to be ideal trail bikes. It really depends on where he is going to ride the most. MX and Trail bikes are very different, so one bike doesnt do both flawlessly.

mj4trax

Dec 8, 2009
He states experience only from quads. . . but that can mean a lot of things.

What kind of quad has he rode, how much experience on it, and how aggressive?

I learned to ride a bike after riding a 250 2-stroke racing quad quite aggressively for a long time, and I transitioned quite easily to a 250 2-stroke bike. . . . but I wasn't 15 and certainly didn't weigh 130 lbs at the time.

Anyway, I'd want to know some answers here before I would make a recommendation.

Top Bottom