FLBob

Jun 4, 2001
The oil you picked is probably not the best choice (do a search here) but it is not the cause of your current problem.

What exactly do you mean when you say it is not functioning? Not releasing? Not hooking up?

ABUNAI

Sep 10, 2001
What kind of bike??????? What is the prob exactly?????? I have run Castrol 10W 40 for years with no prob, but I change my oil every week. Need more info. Hot, cold what??????

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
Most common Problem

Is not a problem at all, if you start the bike and pull the clutch you may feel it wanting to go Fwd. thats common because the plates stick. If you pull the clutch put it in gear and rev it a few times that should go away.

Make sure you have clutch play 1/8 of an inch at least. If you ajust the clutch cable to tight it will burn the plates and cause your clutch to slip.

I ajust my clutch all the time, when its cold vs Hot

be a tad more complete on the problem you have and I bet we know the solution

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
Ok a second guess

Guessing games are so much fun

I am guessing you have too much play?

If so follow the cable and you will see an ajustment thats (8mm or 10mm) in order to ajust that, at the Perch screw that ajuster all the way in and then ajust the inline cable ajuster so that you have only 1/8 inch of play.That way you have something on your perch to work with.

Top Bottom