MY SVT

Aug 20, 2003
For anybody that can help. Im usually a trail rider but yesterday i went to the motocross track and rode and i gave it all i could, until i was dead tired. Today this is the most soreness and stiffness i have felt in me life. And i ride every week and play sports, Im 23 and the actually hurts. I was just wondering if there is anything i can do or take to help. And what should i do before riding the track again this week. Thanks for all the help.

Zuki

Apr 23, 2003
It's all about conditioning.... Your using differant muscles than you normally do so like everything else they need to be trained. My rule of thumb is based on where I am sore I know I need to better condition that area. This of course at 40 years old means my entire body.....

elf

Jun 7, 2003
Motocross track: jumps and big bumps that will get you sore. My guess is if you go back next week you wont get half as sore.Just take some advil or asprin to get you through the week. That has happend to me before I go riding on some smooth tracks and trails and think I am in pretty good shape. Then out to a rough moto track and I can barely move the next day.

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
I experienced this the weekend before last, after lots of big jumps. Since I have been taking glucosamine with chondroitin and msm, the back vertabrae soreness eased up pretty fast, especially with the help of a "heat belt" from wal mart, kind of like a kidney belt. Charcoal activated, stays warm about 12+ hours. It really helped with the soft tissue soreness too. I used to take ibuprofen but have heard some bad things about the long term effects, so I just try to tough it out. I agree it will get better as your body adapts after some more track riding. Weight training should help too. I guess I should take my own advice on that... :)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Dito on the soreness, I can hardly move today

MY SVT

Aug 20, 2003
Sorry for the late reply, but thanks everybody for your advice. Im starting to have less sworeness towards the end of the week. Maybe i will try again the weekend, if it will quit raining. THANKS alot everybody

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Zuki said:
It's all about conditioning.... Your using differant muscles than you normally do so like everything else they need to be trained. My rule of thumb is based on where I am sore I know I need to better condition that area. This of course at 40 years old means my entire body.....

I feel your 40 yr.old pain! :thumb:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
FWIW, having good suspension can really help. Chances are your trail bike is not ideally suspended for MX. I've got a bad knee/weak leg, and prefer long trail rides. As I've upgraded to bikes with better suspension, my 'healing period' has decreased dramatically, despite getting older.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Something I know a lot of us tend to blow off which I found really helped today was stretching before & after the ride. Last Sunday it was rather cool & I hadn't riden in several weeks, Eager to ride, I geared up, did about 15 seconds of stretching and off I went. I spent from Sunday night untill Thursday afternoon paying for it, I could hardly move I was so sore. I spent today (Friday) practicing and qualifying and then on to the main at our AX. It too was rather chilly out so I made sure I spent 10 to 15 minutes stretching before practice and qualifying and probably close to 30 minutes before the main. I felt so good and other than a little tired now I still feel good.

Be sure too stretch and warm your muscles good and that will do wonders to prevent soreness.

Top Bottom