SeanMay1

Oct 22, 2007
Need help picking a bike

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) 5'11 165

2) How physical / aggressive are you ? Very

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? a little of everyting

4) Do you have any riding experience? Not on dirt

5) Do you think you will race ? most likely

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Yes

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? No

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? any one there are a lot of dealers close to me

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? would prefer a cheaper used one

10) Do you live in California? No

11) Your age? 22

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

Been riding sport bikes since i was 17, i ride the hell out of them enjoy racing them and doing stunts, i have never been on a dirt bike but dont want something i will outgrow i want something that would be fast and fun oh and cheap if possible :coocoo:

Last edited:

Thumper96

Sep 3, 2005
If I was u i'd look into the 250 2 strokes plenty of power u won't get bored with it will do anything u want and u can have them for pretty cheap.

May 10, 2007
i would say a 125 2t cuz a 250 2t is very powerful for a beginner. though they do make ok bikes for beginners ya just gotta be careful about nailing the throttle.

a yz250F would be ok but always be a little wary of used thumpers cuz they need a lot of work and if the person didnt do anything for it then it can be in bad shape.

SeanMay1

Oct 22, 2007
Yea i dont plan on really pushing it right now, but when i get ready to i would like the power to be there instead of having to go get another bike

SeanMay1

Oct 22, 2007
Ok which 250 2stroke is better Suzuki Honda or Yamaha? what about reliability issues? How hard is it to maintain these bikes?

Top Bottom