Help please nut stuck on Cylinder Dowel.

RM125CCF

Apr 27, 2006
Well i accidentally stripped my nuts for my cylinder while trying to torque them it seems like i have one problem then run into the next :( I used 4 new nuts i got from advanced auto they are the same thread diameter and i was torqueing one on tightly then it felt like it got real loose :( now when i try to turn it loose its loose and wont go up the dowel but will turn forever. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

RM125CCF

Apr 27, 2006
AllRight ! :( sike I asked my dad for help and after getting frustrated he started to use a hammer and a chisel on my cylinder splitting the stud in half but i told him not to:( we got it off but now i cant even tighten a nut over the dowel pin because it barely sticks out of the cylinder. How hard/expensive is it to get the dowel replaced? I think I'm just gonna put some epoxy over the stud hole to keep pressure because i really cant afford to keep dumping money into an old bike :( I dont think my bike will ever run right again if it runs at all I hope it does though :(

rm_racer

Mar 15, 2005
RM125CCF said:
How do I take the stud out with pliers? And how do I helicoil it?
If theres enuf sticking out grind down the sides a little so its flat and you have somwhere to lock on vice grips. Then try and turn it out. If its not sticking out to do this, cut a slot in it and use a screw driver.

Sorry, I dont know much about helicoils. I just know my buddy did the same thing 3 weeks ago and redid it with a helicoil.

RM125CCF

Apr 27, 2006
well the local suzuki shop sells 3 diff studs so i might try that aproach but i tryed getting the stud off with locking pliers but i guess i gotta file the sides down to grab on to it do I turn clockwise or counterclockwise?

RM125CCF

Apr 27, 2006
well i bought a stud from a local shop and pulled the old one out. A Pair of locking pliers and a file works great for removing studs. Only problem is my dad screwed up the hole in the jug where the stud goes through they arent straight anymore so i have to use a rubber mallot to get it to go down or up.

Top Bottom