Darkkoresh88

Apr 19, 2006
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
4) Do you have any riding experience?
5) Do you think you will race ?
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike?
10) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) 5,6 120-125 pounds
2) i ride bmx and stuff like that, im in good shape, im not sure how aggresive i am on dirtbike
3)all prarie with pretty steep hills, might take it to the mx track in town
4) not much, i rode my dads old suzuki 250 down roads a few times (i know how to ride)
5)maybe, but if i do not much
6)my dad and uncle will be willing to fix it
7)my dad wants me to get four-stroke but i heard any 4-stroke under 250cc are pretty weak and mild, so 2 or 4
8)im not sure, havent moved yet, i know theres a honda dealer and a suzuki dealer
9)below $3000 CAD hopefully
10) i want to hit jumps andstuff

ok, my freind is selling his 2003 cr85 for $2500 Cad, would it be to weak? and i saw an ad for a 2004 crf230f for $3300

im looking at kx100's, would a 125 MX bike be to powerful?
thanks

gardner154

May 9, 2006
Hmm if your 5' 6" and about 125lbs I'd say you could probably handle a 125 and if your looking to somewhat hit jumps and race it'd be a nice bike for that. If your dad wants you to get a 4-stroke get a 250F and just grow into it, My very first bike was a 450 and I grew into it and am very happy with it now. Just remember, 4 strokes are very expensive to upkeep.

Element18

May 3, 2006
yea, i heard four-strokes are harder to maintain and such,
some areas are like grassy dunes, so u would be way better off to get a bigger bike like a 125 or 250f becuase the begginer bikes can't climb hills

Last edited:
Top Bottom