new2dirtbikes

Mar 29, 2009
I have a 2006 baja ssr200 i got it today cheap. Now im starting to think i got what i deserved. The bike started right up when i went to look at it. When i brought it home it didnt start at all it took me 2 hours to get it started. I shut it off and a hour later i went to go take it for a ride and the thing would not start at all. After about another 3 hours i got it to start. It was idling really funny backfiring alot then i noticed that the exhaust was starting to turn cherry red! I dont really know if that is supposed to happen but it was and it was from the engine and id say about another 8 inches up the pipe. Then i started to see something on my floor it looked like water being sprayed out of a spray bottle, it was gasoline. I shut the bike off and now i need help becuase if this bike is broken im throwing it through the guys front door. Thank you for any help you can give.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Start at the gas tank and work your way down to find the fuel leak and work from there.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Does the bike have a carb or injected. Sounds like the valves need adjustment for 1 thing/ may be trashed? I have never heard of anyone riding, much less issues with a baja ssr200? Have you googled it?

new2dirtbikes

Mar 29, 2009
Its got a carb. i tried googling it, but nothing came up thats why i came to a dirtbike forum. Anything about how hot the exhaust is getting??

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Sounds to me like the pilot jet is clogged. And you definately need to figure out where the gas is "being sprayed out like a spray bottle" before going any further.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
is this bike chinese looking? like a pit bike but a little bigger? i think it has same tires as 80´s big wheels? 19" front and 16" back?
i am asking this because that´s why you cannot found any information, there are so many brands... try to contact a dealer that sells pit bikes... a good one...

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
First off the chinese bikes are JUNK JUNK JUNK. none of the wire leads are the same color, they dont know how to harden steel, the forks are dangerous on those bike. usually just grease and springs. best thing for that bike is to ghost ride it off a cliff. And the Baja brand is a junk brand. Joes retail chain sell them here and they are all junk.

ok got my rant over.

Sounds like the carb needs a good cleaning. pilot is most likely plugged. Getting the carb turned and the bowl off may cause a lot of stripped and/or broken screws. be warned.

new2dirtbikes

Mar 29, 2009
lol yea thanks i got most of the kinks worked out and ill be honest i never heard of baja before i bought it but hey it was cheap and now i know why. maybe i can get someone to trade me for a 125 or something by kawasaki

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
new2dirtbikes said:
maybe i can get someone to trade me for a 125 or something by kawasaki

... or maybe the Tooth Fairy will bring you one :coocoo:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom