Help reading my old vertex

helio

Dec 19, 2001
My old Vertex piston with 95 hours:

It seems a little rich...What you think ?

Thanks.

helio

Dec 19, 2001
C:\Tmp\Img_0002.jpg
C:\Tmp\Img_0004.jpg
C:\Tmp\Img_0005.jpg

Here I am again with more pics...I have read alot about pistons and I am interested to learn the most possible.
I think the jetting it is a little rich(some carbon in top of piston) and about the light spots on the side of the piston ? As I have read that could be improper warming of the bike or wear.
Pls give me your opinions.

BTW The pics are very bad but I can not have better...Inside the piston does not exists any carbon only a light brown color.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You can't make a direct link to a picture on your local hard disk with the IMG tag. For the IMG tags to work your pictures have to be on an IP addressable web location like a web server.

Last edited:

2000SE

May 7, 2002
you have your pics pointing to your LOCAL C drive we can not see them that way. you have to upload them

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The pics could do with being a bit bigger-it has a bit of blow by past the ring but no more than my 12 hour old ones.The burn pattern on the crown doesnt look too bad but RR will be able to read it better than me.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
If you are trying to read the jetting from a piston with 95 hours on it you are wasting your time.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…