Help, rod cap (?) broken, (under rebound clicker)

TrackMaster

Mar 15, 2001
I recently put new seals in my 96 yz125, it has kayaba forks. I apparently didnt get the fork caps tight enough on the rod before i threaded them into the forks. One of the rods came unthreaded and fell down into the forks, and the oil pushed out a small valve thing out of the rod.

Im sorry i dont know what anything is called, but the rod that the spring surrounds is hollow with a thin aluminum tube inside, then on top of that there is a valve or something my manual calls a "rod cap" it has small oil holes in the bottom, and seems to have something to do with the rebound dampening (it looks like when assembled the top clicker pushes down on this thing)

When the dampening rod came unscrewed the oil pushed that little piece out of place and it got smashed up pretty good inside my fork leg. Yamaha sells the whole assembely for like 190 bucks or something and all i need is that little piece that looks like it would cost like 5 bucks.

Where can i get one of these, and does it make a difference if the forks have been revalved? My forks have been revalved, but i dont know if that would have an effect on that little piece?

Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

minutz

Feb 6, 2000
I'm sure that Jeremy has all the used parts you need for that fork, and no it will not matter if your forks where revalved or not. His number is 815 936-6277

shockdoc

May 3, 2001
You maybe able to get one from a Kawasaki dealer. Some models offer that part individually, just take your other one & have a good parts guy match one up for you.

doc

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
I found that out with my 98 kx 250 the lock nut before the plastic spring guide must be close to plastic spring guide .What I do is touch it with the platic spring guide and back it off a hair so you don't kill the little o-ring. Then tighten the fork cap down to the nut. You need the short rebound rod,pro circuit helped me out in 98 it cost me 10.00 bucks for the long rod.. You are correct though that part is not sold individual. you have to buy the whole assembly,call pro circuit they will help you out they did with me,they will have one hanging around.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom