PowerJoe

~SPONSOR~
Mar 25, 2003
I was riding my 2002 CR250 on a hard packed track that had big table tops and I kept coming up short until I got them down. They would bottom the suspension hard. Eventually I got a flat tire. The valve stem completely broke free from the tube. Why did this happen... please don't tell me to not come up short either. I would like to find a way to prevent this.

I put in a new tube yesterday that was an MSR heavy duty, maybe this will hold up better??

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
You probably got a pinch flat (not enough air when landing hard or hitting large rocks) and then the tire spun and tore out the valve stem.

Don't use the nut on the valve stem either so if the rim lock does slip it won't tear it out.

PowerJoe

~SPONSOR~
Mar 25, 2003
The valve stem has 2 nuts and a cap. The first nut is tight against the tube and inside (outside diameter) the rim and tire. The second nut is outside of the rim (inside diameter) nut is backed against the valve cap, leaving the stem loose rather than tight to the rim.

Is this the correct way to do this?

Thanks again for the info guys! ;)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
That's it! You don't really need the outside nut backed against the cap but it doesn't hurt anything.

Top Bottom