May 13, 2005
2000 KDX 220. I have a FMF gnarly woods pipe and silencer, rad valve, airbox mod, wiseco piston, torque ring and just got the cylinder ported and polished by freddette oh buy the way has any one else got theres done by freddette racing cause my seems pretty ruff inside from what he grinded it with. But any ways i was wondering what jets I should start out with. Every thing else is stock on the bike. Maybe a 45 pilot jet, and a 150 main jet?

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
I doubt the torque ring's going to do much for you (I've done some experiments with one). Canyncarvr did the FRP porting and then stuck the piston during his jetting set up (leaner than he expected). I would start rich and then work down from there. If your porting is the same as CCs then be careful. Maybe he'll chime in, but his jetting's bound to be different since he has a 200.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
If you call Jeff, he can tell you what to put in.
I sent my whole top end off, carb, jug, and head. My 220 really woke up on the top, and the bottom only suffered at rpms you shouldn't be riding at. If I was motivated I could pop my carb open, but I'll try to just look at my invoice to see what he put in.
You could always send the carb in, for boiring and jetting, and Jeff will set it up spot on. I think it was about $70.

redramhemi

Jan 27, 2004
Im running a 45/155/stock needle set up, it is very smooth.We are almost the same on set up, I am ported and have a 225 eric gorr big bore kit, so I would say start with this combo and see where you end up, I would also MAYBE try a 42 pilot, as my idle when the bike is up to operating temp tends to run pretty low.

Top Bottom