XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
Ok I smell alot of gas when idling, My bike has been popping on deceleration, 2 days ago I turned my Fuel Screw out a little because I thought that the popping was a lean condition, so I screwed it out some to richen the engine but that only seems to make the gas smell much worse,

so today I went out and I was at about 3/4 throttle and let off the gas and it did not start popping until the revs went way down, I did this a couple more times and it did the same thing,no popping until revs were down, Is this a Wrong Size Pilot Jet? I am about 600 feet above Sea Level,My mods are listed below-
Supertrapp IDS2 Exhaust-Uni Filter with 2 holes drilled in airbox and top cut out-bored .05mm over(its not much but dealer messed up when reboring my sleeve so they ordered that size for me). Thanks,Matt

Last edited:

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
Originally posted by XR400RMan
...I turned my Fuel Screw out a little because I thought that the popping was a lean condition, so I screwed it out some to richen the engine...
Usually, you will turn clockwise to richen, and counterclockwise to lean out. This might help you in your search for perfect jetting.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom