K-NoD

Aug 17, 2000
Hey Group,

I just bought an FmF Gnarly pipe for
my 220 and a Moose Pipe Guard, but I
don't know how to install the guard :o

Can anybody share some input?

I also got some Boyesen reeds, Tag handle
bars, Acerbis hand guards, and a new stock silencer.

I can't wait to ride this weekend in the PA mountains!

K-NoD

2000 KDX 220r
1987 CR 250

At0m1c FuSi0n

Dec 3, 2000
Ya i cant figure out how the hell that thing goes on my fatty pipe either. Its hard as hell to bend even after i heat it up w/ a propane torch.

JonB

Jun 1, 2000
I give up. I guess you will have to type the address in yourself. Sorry

------------------
99 YZ 400, 86 XR 250,
76 RD 400, Heavily Modified
71 Z 50

JonB

Jun 1, 2000
Ahhhh!!! Someone who knows what their doing--

------------------
99 YZ 400, 86 XR 250,
76 RD 400, Heavily Modified
71 Z 50

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
You may want to consider ths additional step before bending it up:
Add multible beads of black rtv along the inside of the pipe guard, and a few dabs on each half-round, allow to dry thoroughly before bending up and test fitting. Then add more where your bound to have some metal-metal contact after bending.

This elimiates most rattling and metal-metal wear, finish damage and related corrosion. Bonus was it dampens some of the ring-ding pipe noise. It got multiple sprays of black Plasti-dip after I got the bend right, but that probably was more asthetically effective if anything.

joe woj

Oct 29, 1999
i have one of these on my bike its really trick, it went right over my FMF pipe, of course i polished mine, heres also a tip, the way it mounts with screw clamps it kept comming loose so i got some 1/4" stainless bolts and mig welded them to the pipe then drilled the guard to match, a locking washer and nut and im good to go, i dont know how good you can see it in my pic under reader rides but check it out.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…