Help with my bike PLEASE 2000 CR250

racer965

Apr 13, 2006
Hey guys I just bought a 2000 CR250 for 800$ but I was told all it needed was a clutch cable, a brake caliper, and a brake rotor. Well anyway I ordered the clutch cable and rode it around a bit I thought the idle was low so i turned the screw on the carb not knowin it was the A/F mixture. I threw the carb all out of whack, anyway I tried tuning it back to where it needed to be. It helped but it still doesnt feel like its running correctly. The bike seems like its running rich on the bottom end. If I sit in neutral and hold it at WOT until the engine bog clears out and then ride it the bike runs great. Ive tried repacking the silencer, leaning out the gas mixture, and cleaning the carb none of these really helped. I believe it needs jetted but i dont wanna order jets until I got a second opinion. The carb has a 48 pilot, a 170 main and the clip is set in the 3rd position. It has a fmf gold series sst, with a powercore 2 silencer. Please guys any help is great.

racer965

Apr 13, 2006
Yea i know leaning out the gas mixture is just a band aid for the problem. So im thinkin about buying all the jets they sell that are smaller than my 48 i believe they are 45,43,and 40. I just wish i knew this was the problem. If i buy v force reeds is that gonna make it run leaner or richer?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The reeds will help it respond crisper, and rip up top. The silencer packing will help also. The jets are an investment, and if you deal with a shop, sometimes they will swap them out. If the jets make no difference, you know its something else for sure! About 300 dollars you can have a fresh motor.

racer965

Apr 13, 2006
Yea well right now im just waiting on my brake rotor to get here before I do anything else cause im kinda hping that the bike runs fine its just me changin the A/F threw alot off. Ill get the bike put together right and everything and then see wat i can do tuning wise and everything.

Top Bottom