Help With Rear Shock Rebuild On A 2001 Yamaha Yz250f!

thunder guy

Aug 30, 2009
HEY GUYS!!

IAM RESEALING MY REAR SHOCK RIGHT NOW AND AM JUST WONDERING HOW MUCH OIL TO PUT IN?
AND SINCE I HAVE NEVER DONE IT BEFORE MAYBE SOME STEP-BY STEP WOULD HELP TO!!

THANKS

J :nod:

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
http://mx-tech.com/?id=support
if you don´t know how much oil you should put on a shock i believe you should leave it for someone that knows. it´s one of the most BASIC knowlege about a shock!!!!

1SWEETYZ

Aug 18, 2009
helio lucas said:
http://mx-tech.com/?id=support
if you don´t know how much oil you should put on a shock i believe you should leave it for someone that knows. it´s one of the most BASIC knowlege about a shock!!!!

Dude cut the guy a break, when I started doing my own work I did not know some things either, and thats what these forums are for. I asked for help and now I have built 3 bikes from the frame up. We all started somewhere. My suggestion is to do some research or get ahold of a factory manual and you can find all the info you need. GOOD on you for trying it yourself

thunder guy

Aug 30, 2009
1SWEETYZ said:
Dude cut the guy a break, when I started doing my own work I did not know some things either, and thats what these forums are for. I asked for help and now I have built 3 bikes from the frame up. We all started somewhere. My suggestion is to do some research or get ahold of a factory manual and you can find all the info you need. GOOD on you for trying it yourself

Thanks ill give that a try
Come on guys someone must know how much oil go's in there! I have the seal all ready on the shaft!

Thx

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
please, read and search the link in my previous post. you have a lot of well based info in that web site.
i care to give you enough info for do that job! but since both of you are to lazy to click a link, a shock should be TOTALLY full of oil with no air inside. not even bubbles of air, and that´s the difficult part.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom