super_mario1

Jul 14, 2008
Try to include the following info in your first post
1) your physical size 5'11 and 200
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? very
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????mx/sx
4) Do you have any riding experience? yes 2years on a cr 125
5) Do you think you will race ? yup
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?yes
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?ya
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?1000-2300
10) Do you live in California? nah fl
11) Your age?16
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
i dont need that ,much help i just dont know wether a 2storke 250 would be to much or if i should just get a 250 fourstrkoe

Apr 30, 2007
At your size, if you're aggressive, you'll do just fine on the 250 2-stroke. Any 4-stroke in your price range is going to be raced out, or blown up. I'd also suggest going with the 2-stroke since you're more familiar with them and their maintenance.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
If you don't want to listen to people's advice, and if you really want a 4-stroke, buy one and quit trying to get someone to tell you what you want to hear.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
super_mario1 said:
i was just wondering i was just trying to get some oppinions

super_mario1 said:
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?1000-2300

You aren't willing to spend enough money to get a 250F. It's difficult to be much more clear than that.

J-man

May 16, 2007
preds got a point. if you want the four stroke then first your ganna have to up the budget but then get the 250F. there is also nothing wrong with getting a 250 2 stroke

Apr 30, 2007
super_mario1 said:
but if its maintained woudlent it be fine :think:

People will say anything to sell a bike. Supposedly mine was perfectly maintained, with oil changed every other ride, fork seals recently done...blah blah blah.

I ended up believing half the stuff he said, as he *seemed* to know what he was talking about and bought it. I couldn't exactly take the top end apart and check it in front of him. Nor could I see just how bent the rims were when I rode it.

I at least made the choice of getting a twostroke...and can completely rebuild and customize it for about 700 dollars.

If you buy a used 250f for 2300, about two days or two weeks (might last you two months?) later it will need a 3,000 dollar rebuild.

Long story short...used racing 4-strokes are almost always (bank account) a time bomb. If you can't afford a newer one that has been well taken care of, you definitely cannot afford to own one that is blown up.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom