help

burningacid

Mar 9, 2004
if im not wrong there shld b a small tube that is connected from the bottom of carbs on one end and the other end that is not connected to other objects (hangs freely). i heard from others tat the purpose is to let excess petrol flow/leak out.

nw the thing is, that tube for my DR200 is petrol(most prob a mouthful), esp. after i start the bike. my qs are:

1. is it normal to leak so much petrol?
2. or theres something wrong wif my carb or "petrol float"??

it only happens when i start the bike. it will not leak/drip petrol if engine is off

B

biglou

When the bike is not running, do you turn the fuel off at the tank? Does the carb overflow when you turn the fuel on, or only when it is running?

Sounds like your float adjustment is off, or possibly a weak spring (wild guess) allowing the vibration of the engine to unseat the float needle?

That's all I can think of...

j_freak

Feb 7, 2004
first of all, take a plastic screwdriver and tap/hit it agains the side of the carb (hold the carb so it doesn't just twist) If it's just a bit sticky, or there's a chunk of gunk in there, this should dislodge it.

If that doesn't fix the problem, Pull the carb off the bike and take the float bowl off. Make sure the float pushes the needle all the way closed when the tab on top of the float that pushes the needle is just about level. gently bend it until it closes at level. Pull the needle out and blow some air through their to clean out any crud. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you'll need to get a manual.

ttxr250

Feb 19, 2004
im havin the same problem, but with my cr80. it only pours out when the gas is on, right? i am pretty sure that it is the float. i havent gotten around to fixin mine yet, but others have told me that the float is messed up. just hit it a few times with a wrench or something. hold it so it wont move. it should work out. if not then u have to take the carb off and do it that way.

hope i helped you! :laugh:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…