Here's a good one from another message board

WhiPit

Mar 16, 2000
I saw this on "Moto-Talk".....I would have given a response there but unfortunately, for the priveledge to post on that board, it costs $25.00 per year and 'homey don't play that game'. The original poster asked about Factory Connections bladder kit and wether it was worth the money.

Here's the reply he got:

Don't listen to any suspension experts who say that the stock reservoir piston does the job. It will let the nito past it almost immediately and faom up the oil. Those guys just don't make the bladder. There's a reason everyone else uses it on their shocks (Kayaba and Showa) I did it on my 200. Best coin you'll spend to get youor shock working right. Both the bladder kit and Factory Connection are highly recommended. They also sell the bigger reservoir like Dowdy used, for your massiveness that might be a good call:)

:eek:

Now, I'm not trying to bash anyone's bladder kit. More power to those that think it's the right way to go. However, I DO have an issue with the fact that this guy says the stock separator piston "will let nitrogen past it almost immediately"

SAY WHAT WILLIS!?!?!?!

If reservoir separator pistons are so bad, how come WP, Ohlins, Penske (anyone else?) have been using them for years without encountering the problem described above?? And since when is Kayaba and Showa "everyone else"?? :think

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
That's why we are here on DRN... Next patient.

John Curea

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 29, 2000
I know, I know, I know......

WP, Penske, Ohlins, = high quality = higher cost

KYB, Showa. = lower quality = lower cost

The bladder is definately the cheaper way to go

As far as stiction being an issue with the piston, I dont buy it, ALTHOUGH, I am getting ready to test with some top level GNCC racers on a back to back comparisons of bladder vs. piston.

We'll see if I dine on crow or not! :)

The piston on a WP moves 1mm for every 17 to 18mm of wheel travel. Thats a pretty decent leverage ratio to go against the argument of stiction.

I have seen bladder fail, I havent seen the seal on a piston fail...yet

Oh, by the way, thanks for the "push" this past weekend......

Take Care, John

Top Bottom