ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
order new front brake pads for my 87 kdx200...got em in...they're not the right ones...not even close....looked closer at my manual...i don't even have an 87 brake caliper...it is a kawasaki caliper...how in the hell am i suppose to figure out what year that caliper came off of?

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Post the Part# from the caliper on here. When I get to work tomorrow I'll look it up for you.

Phillip

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
where is the part number at on the caliper?

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Check around the outer portion, the caliper for the front should be a duel piston type, there should be a stamp or raised #'s all I really need is the last few digits and I'll be able to narrow it down for you.

Phillip

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
metallic grey caliper, says kawasaki on it....i assume it's single piston..the brake pads themselves are identical, whereas the brakes i rcv'd are totally different from each other... i will look when i get home to see if there are any number stamped on it.

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
well here is what i found out about my brakes: the only stampings on them are the following: H6 1 11/16 A. FYI: pin to pin distance 3 1/2".............any thing ringing a bell...i swear i've gone through everymodel from 86 to 03 on kaw web page....and i see nothing like it, this sucks!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
No need to assume on the piston part. A dual piston caliper will have two obviously piston-shaped (round) moldings to it. Any look to the inside of it and you can easily see 'em.

Don't know if that info would make any difference in the final ID or not.

Sounds like Irish is right on top of it.

'H' is the designation for '95-03 models of BIKE. Don't know how that fits just cuz it's stamped on a caliper. Any relation?

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
it is most definitely a SINGLE piston caliper.

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
Tokiko. That is correct; the ones i bought were different, one had the two "flanges" for the pins the other one was almost a square and nothing else.....

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Sorry being a day late but I had a little wager going on with a certain mod :p

Here is what I was able to come up with:

'86 was the first year for the Disck brake and in '88 the KDX was offered with the duel piston caliper.

PN for the '87 Caliper is 43041-1084
MSRP $271.31
Dlr Cost, $162.95

Pads;
They are different sizes for all years involved with the disk brake,
The interesting thing is the same PN's.

43050-1063
43050-1064
MSRP, $44.77 Each
Dlr Cost, $26.64 Each

The Software at work was limited only to Kawasaki parts so I was unable to locate any caliper that even remotley resembled what you listed.
Sorry,
Phillip

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
that's a good idea senior thanks...seems simple but possibly effective...oh wait my dealer is a dumbass, i guess i'll drive the 50mi to the next one. thanks for everyone's help,

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Might not need a dealer to look at it. Likely a good parts guy at your local 'we sell everything for anything' shop could figger it out.

If nothing else, compare what you've got with pads hanging on the wall to see what fits.

btw...I've been poking around websites looking for one with pictures of different pads. Haven't come across one yet.....

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
thanks canyn...let me know if you find anything, and i'm not sure i know of any good parts guy...seriously, we have some motorcycle idiot around here

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
If worse comes to worse can you draw the outline of the original pads, photo copy them or? and send them my way? I've got some brake pad catalogs kicking around that have illustrations of what the metal face of the pads look like. We should be able to find a match. Do you have access to a scanner?

Check with your dealer he my have a catalog with similar illustrations?

David

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
ya, i've got a scanner, i will try to get one scanned and send it your way

Top Bottom