CRF ROCKS

Nov 7, 2001
Please help if you have any info, 10 years ago I was hit from behind by a car while on a street bike.The MRI diagnosis was a mild to moderate herniated disc at the c4-c5 innerspace.Best Doc. I could find (on who had surgery himself) said unless pain gets much worse donot get the operation,no contact sports,lift just light weights if working out.I have pain sometimes on own but always after riding.Pain I can deal with it usually goes away or gets much less after a couple days.My worry is this,just bought CRF 450 and I am riding motocross tracks and trails after years of not riding.Am I taking huge risk of being paralized if I take a big fall,is there a collar or brace available.I have returned to the sport that I love but do not want my young son to grow up with disabled father. :eek:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I know there is a back brace, and I believe a neck brace as well. Not sure who makes them but hopefully someone else will come forth with the info. It sounds to me like caution would be a wise choice, just don't try to ride over your head and you'll be alright.

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
CRF,

Sorry to hear about your past injury. Your post caught my eye cause I also herniated a disk some time ago but it was in the lumbar region of my spine. It bothers me once in awhile but with some regular exercise and stretching I can usually calm it down. I don't think I need to tell you that riding isn't a good thing cause the wrong crash could be bad. Of course I'm back to riding also so don't listen to me. ;)

I agree that you don't want to do surgery until you really need to. I hope I never have to come to that but I'm sure it will come up some day.

smb was right that you can certainly be safe if you stay within your abilities. That's a huge struggle everytime I go out. Cause I'm still 18 in my mind. My wife says I'm 8 so I'm sure my age is somewhere in there.

Good luck and be safe. I did a little research when I had my diagnosis so PM me if you want to talk about it.

Top Bottom