Attachments

• View.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 120
  • Trail pic.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 119

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
What did he have done to the cylinder by Jeff? This mean he's not selling it to you and switching teams? Nice photos and great headlights. I know CC is using a rewound or aftermarket lighting coil but how about you? Is stock good enough to drive those?

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
...a rewound or aftermarket lighting coil but how about you? Is stock good enough to drive those?

yup & nope

It's really not my place to be flaming FRP for taking 2 months to send CC's cylinder back, but then again I had to try and follow him on that PUNKIN for the last few rides!

He'd go so fast on that thing I could not even follow the DUST TRAIL! :eek:

Knobbyjake

~SPONSOR~
Jan 29, 2000
No fair! You guys are experiencing Spring! :| It's 26 with a wind chill of 18 here! But I did see my first Robin yesterday. Hope he don't freeze his little nuts off! :p

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
It's 26 with a wind chill of 18 here!

It's 66* outside right now, thinking about mowing the lawn...

I'm sitting here in a pair of shorts, front and back doors wide open, and got the ceiling fan going! :aj:

Did I mention my BUTT is sore? :whiner:

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
Y'all got some pretty country up there. Spring is here too if it'd just stop raining when I'm able to ride...

So what'd CC like so much about the others compared to the KDX or was it a case of "absence makes the heart grow fonder"?

wibby said:
Did I mention my BUTT is sore? :whiner:

Uh... Thanks for sharing? :joke: I'm guessing that the first "right cheek" reference didn't mean your face then... Time for another beer...

Best,
Greg

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: 'It's really not my place to be flaming FRP.'

No, it's not.

Note the last pic? That's the trail we rode up...then over...then down and up summore! ;)

The exc is faster, that largely due (sez me) to the scott's that is on it. The wer doesn't work as well as the scott's (sez me summore). Also, the exc is considerably narrower than the kdx. It's a natural to stand up on, and that's a handling plus! The kdx is wide enough that it pushes my knees outward and that is uncomfortable (for me anyway..but both my knees are pretty much worthless).

I like the suspension on the kdx better'n the exc. But then, I only could set the clickers on the exc. Still, the basics (shock/fork rates) are likely what I'd use anyway. The direct shock setup (no linkage) on the ktm seems to be a bit on the stiff side. Certainly the kdx seat is softer! How could it NOT be!! My shock follows better, but it is brandy new (rebuild-wise).

The reduced turning ability due to the USD setup on the ktm is a bummer. Several times yesterday I was thankful for the ability to actually turn the bars on the kdx.

If it's speed and power you're after, the exc has it..in spades!! It's an excellent bike and I've certainly changed my mind about it after riding it for a couple hundred miles.

Ride it without a scott's and you will likely kill yourself.

Oh..and the kdx started every single time (ok..once it didn't, but that was after a very hot soak. And that took two kicks) with one kick. Heck!! I started it by hand once! THAT'S not happening with the ktm regardless of how it's adjusted air-screw wise. AND my kdx has a frp shorty kicker!

That 'lil kdx can go much faster. Yesterday was a friendly break-in ride!!

To be fair, wibby is just riding much better than only a year ago.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
No, it's not.

I tend to tell it like it is or is not and sometimes (rarely, once in awhile) I just can't shut up! :worship:

Now ya need to do a ride report on my bike!

Especially about the part when you were mean to 'er! or was it vise versa! :ohmy:

That 'lil kdx can go much faster. Yesterday was a friendly break-in ride!!

Wish you'd ride like that more often!

I got to ride that 'lil kdx :yeehaw:

I noticed the W.E.R. right off the bat! Gotta get me one o' them!

Noticed the softer hit from the DEK needle too, Gotta get me one o' them too !

Carvr's "H" model seems so much smaller. narrower and lighter than my "E"

I wish he'd hurry up and buy that PUNKIN and sell me that 'lil kdx so I can quit buying parts for mine! :laugh:

Or at least buy a SCOTT'S and sell me that W.E.R.! :clue:

Last edited:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: ride report

It was hard to get past the pretzeled bars. It was wonky. :)

Yes..that bit of uphill didn't work too good. Drying weather and that awfully hard irc volcanduro (sp?) got no traction that was needed for the steep bit at the end. Well, until I actually GOT it... it bit, finally. Right when I wish it wouldn't have!

Quite a good loop-it!! I din't even rip off his rear fender!!

The 47 inches of free sag was a bit off-putting. ;)

Engine response was pretty darn good! Suspension needs some work. Get summa those bars that aren't 'modified'!

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Knobbyjake said:
No fair! You guys are experiencing Spring! :| It's 26 with a wind chill of 18 here! But I did see my first Robin yesterday. Hope he don't freeze his little nuts off! :p
15th straight day of 80 degrees or better in Sacramento (50 miles from my place) 8 records broken and 5 tied. Ski resort down the road from me gets up into the 60's during the day. We skipped spring and went right into summer! Still about 6 to 10 feet of snow on the ground but it's a goin' fast!

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
It was a chilly 72 degrees here today. I thought I was going to have to put on some longer shorts and a tee shirt. :laugh:

Knobbyjake

~SPONSOR~
Jan 29, 2000
:think: You think the KDX is wide? Try riding an old XR 600 for 10 years! :eek: After that my 200 feels like a knife blade, for the small amount I've gotten to ride it. I'm hoping my bowleggedness eventually goes away and I can walk down a hallway without turning sideways, LOL. I had my back surgery 3 weeks ago, and while I feel a whole lot better I think my riding is still at least a couple months (or longer) away. You guys are killing me with these ride reports! Thanks for the pics though, they keep the fire burning, can't wait to get back out there.

Dawg_enD

Sep 19, 2003
Does this mean Carvr's slow, downward spiral into extreme grumpiness will begin to reverse?

:D

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
You been talkin' to my wife? ;)

I'm so misunderstood, but so want to be loved!! :(

Thassa joke, son.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Dawg_enD said:
Does this mean Carvr's slow, downward spiral into extreme grumpiness will begin to reverse?

:D

He's really not a grumpy old man, he just looks that way :joke:

But I think I'm starting to rub off on him, He's saying F***! a lot more nowadays! :eek:

F*** happens to be one of my most used riding words

It works for many different situations!

Like "We're going down that F***ING trail"

Or "where the F*** did 'Carvr go?"

I'm always hearing over the radio... "Wibbens will you quit cussing and get down here!"

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Well then YOU can tell wibby, 'Quit cussin' and get down here!'

BTW, I don't say FANTASTING all that often.

Olympia isn't that far away!!

Got the timber mtn. hare scrambles coming up mid april, and the local club may day ride a couple weeks after that.

C'mon down and we'll take you ridin'!

Of course, don't need an event. Come down any time it's not fire season!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…