SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
What lake Sunday? Working on getting the DRZ set up, I got a carlisle rear tire already screwed, and a set of rat fenders that will not be pretty but functional. Need to get a front tire and get them mounted. Hope to be setup on Friday night.

Question, Will I need a ORV sticker for a plated bike?

Brian

PS you still bringing #39

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Call me or send a email and I'll give you the details....Should be a big road racing course this weekend fo sho! Will that DRZ go over 50mph?... ;)

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
Wolverine423 said:
Call me or send a email and I'll give you the details....Should be a big road racing course this weekend fo sho! Will that DRZ go over 50mph?... ;)

Depends on how tight you wind the rubberband.. I am thinking the mid 70's with the 13t and in the 80's with the 15t.

The nice thing is the stock exhaust (quiet) you will not hear me coming til I past you :boss: ( like that will happen)

I will be out for Sat, son's birthday party.

Brian

E-mail sent

duckboy

Jan 9, 2005
Where do you get those fenders? I've got my trellys on and the trails are just too deep. I'll be ice fishing in Newago on Saturday. Any races over there this weekend, all I found was a race on the east side.

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
DW,

What size screws are you running up front 1/2 3/4, 1 inch.????? Still waiting to hear where you are going sunday

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
SGJ_Johansen said:
DW,

What size screws are you running up front 1/2 3/4, 1 inch.????? Still waiting to hear where you are going sunday

Welcome to making freinds with DW. Sit by the phone and wait, he don't know what ta hell he's doing Sunday until Sunday.

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
Fred,

I am going over to a really fast guys house today. This guy is smoking fast on the track, he is going give me some inside lines on how to play with the big guys. We'll see how it works out. As long as I can show DW a wheel now and then I will be happy. It was a hoot riding DW's KX500 last weekend. I even went training with him after riding:)

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
duckboy said:
Where do you get those fenders? I've got my trellys on and the trails are just too deep. I'll be ice fishing in Newago on Saturday. Any races over there this weekend, all I found was a race on the east side.
I built them.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Brian, My ice tires are built by Mallaso on the #22 bike and Babka on the #39 bike. Check the top right hand corner,I sent you a PM 2 days ago.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
Brian, get my number from Freddy.

1-800-IDONTKNOW

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
I thought we already covered that in a different post? Remember to stand on da pegs Cleatis!

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
Tires studded, fenders on, bike started on 2nd kick (Has not been started since Sep 0f 2004 before I left for Iraq) I had to give back the Carlise tire though, replaced it with a Kendra. I am pumped and ready to rock this weekend.

Thanks for the Phone call DW.

Brian

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
Tires are sticking like glue, the rear shock is too soft, and too quick. We monkeyed with the rebound and damping. Got it slowed down some. No luck on stiffing up the damping. Looks like a stiffer spring is in order.

Brian

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
If you put on a stiffer spring you will need to slow the rebound down some more.

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
Was a blast getting the bike on the ice today only got 14 miles, still a lot of laps on the track. DW you are fun to watch the way you set those guys up then nail them in the corners. I will take you up on the tire offer.
See ya in a couple weeks.

Brian

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Thanks - Hopefully I have a few freinds left after yesterday! :ride:

Last edited:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Brian, Its probably called off this weekend - Too much ice has melted. I will not be there.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
SGJ_Johansen said:
DW,

You missed a good ride yesterday. Two tight road courses 30 some guys showed up.

Brian
I didn't miss anything as I chose not to go. I don't like soft ice or warm temps. It looks like I'm done for the season. I'm busy getting my 09' 200 ready....

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom