tmoneysk8

Oct 6, 2009
Hi, my name is Trevor and i'm 18 and just recently looked into getting a bike. I am 6'0 feet even and weigh 150lbs. I use to ride my friend's xr80 around a couple years back. it was a lot of fun and I have decided I want to get a bike and eventually make it street legal but want to ride trials too. I don't really know much about bikes so I need your help. I'm not sure if I should go for a xr or a cr. I want something that has some power also. i'm looking to buy used and around a range of 800-1300 dollars.

Thanks guys hope you have some good info!

tmoneysk8

Oct 6, 2009
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
6'0 150lbs

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
moderate

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
offroad and onroad

4) Do you have any riding experience?
have drove my friends xr80 a bunch

5) Do you think you will race ?
most likely not

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
I'd bring it somewhere to get worked on

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
Nope thats what i'm trying to figure out

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
I'm buying used

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
anywhere from 800-1500 max

10) Do you live in California?
Nope - I live in Maine

11) Your age?

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
I want a bike that is going to be fun to ride on both trials and on the road.

I was looking at either a cr125 or xr250 but still very unsure

01HondaCR

May 31, 2001
As far as i know you won't be able to register the two stroke CR for street use. With your budget a newer four stroke is out the window. Your best bet is going to be a bigger XR unless someone else can chime in with some better ideas. I don't know a whole lot on the street legal aspect of dirt bikes.

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
I agree with 01Honda, buy an XR. You are very limited in your price range. If you are not mechanically inclinded, you may consider an XR250. They are low maintenance and reliable. As I have said before, you can really get screwed in that price range...especially if you dont know what you are doing. Learn what to look for or take someone who does.

Top Bottom