oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
While you Californians were hiding inside to avoid those freezy cold 60 degree temps :rotfl: here is what we did :nener:

IMG_6711copy.jpg

The rest of the story is here :ride:
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?p=1330668#post1330668

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
60's??? I woke up at 5:30am to go for a quick run, it was 39 :ohmy:
Don't tell the track was once water? Ice breaks :coocoo:

Seriously, those are some cool (literally) pictures, what number was your bike? :) :ride:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
My bike will be #35 after I pick it up next weekend :nener:
35 years spanning between bikes then ride for 4 years and now no bike for 5 years :bang:
I spent the last 5 years putting my sons bikes back together and decided it is time for me to start bouncing off things again.

The track was and will again be water but for now at least it is 30 inches thick :nod:

Hope you guys warm up soon so you don't freeze any vital parts at the SX this weekend :)

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Limit those bounces and enjoy the ride :cool:

30" thick, No Way Jose would I go on frozen ice :fft: ( have any video?)

Luckily this weekend is calling out for 70's, but didn't somebody say the coldest winter they ever felt was a summer in Frisco? :)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
rickyd said:
Luckily this weekend is calling out for 70's, but didn't somebody say the coldest winter they ever felt was a summer in Frisco? :)

It's always cold in Frisco. The first time my wife and I vacationed there we took nothing but shorts and T shirts. we froze our butts off. I think it was in June.

Oldguy.

That is totally cool. :cool: A TT track on ice. That looks like an absolute blast. Did the course go out into the woods or is it all on the ice?

Gotta admit though. Your wimmin folk sure look funny with all those clothes on. THAT could be the big difference between living there and living here. ;)

Supposed to be in the 80's in SoCal by Friday. :nener:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Ol'89r said:
Gotta admit though. Your wimmin folk sure look funny with all those clothes on. THAT could be the big difference between living there and living here. ;)

Supposed to be in the 80's in SoCal by Friday. :nener:
We have winnens here in the winter :whoa: I have to take a closer look at all those clothes next time. I just thought they all migrated south for the season.

track stayed on the lake for the entire distance but it was surprising how rough it got and even breaking bumps formed up in many places

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
oldguy said:
My bike will be #35 after I pick it up next weekend :nener:

What are you going to get Dave?

Does this mean you'll be riding with us in the Spring at Wardy's?:yeehaw: :yeehaw:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
As cool as those pics are.....I just can't get amped up to ride. We've got sleet and freezing rain right now and travel is not recommended. Being acclimated to the southern climate, the cold really bites. For those of you hearty enough to live in the northern US and Canada, I'm sure that those pics illustrate "just another day", for me, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!:whoa:

Richter415

Jun 23, 2006
Thats it. My XR 400 is getting the ice tires on it tomorrow. I think that that right there is one of the best ideas for a bike race I have ever seen.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Rich Rohrich said:
What are you going to get Dave?

Does this mean you'll be riding with us in the Spring at Wardy's?:yeehaw: :yeehaw:
Rich I am picking up a 2003 RM125 and having Eric do some of his magic to it. I will be on a bike but the riding with you guys might be a dream at this stage :ride:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You'll love a 144 in that bike Dave, it's a total blast!!

No worries Dave, you can hang out with me at the back of the pack and we'll tag-team crash Lou if he tries to lap us. ;)

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
oldguy said:
Ricky a couple videos for you to see Nt the race but practice at another lake

Tammy- Blndbmr chasing the boys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SacOwN1McSE

another rider practicing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD4fDFOXsJc

And the start from Sundays race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baWHpjwSBOs

Those videos are very cool Dave. :cool: Or, should I say, very cold Dave. ;)

That looks like so much fun. Looks like an old fashion So Cal TT scrambles track on ice. Take away the ice and add slick, hard packed dirt and you've got a So Cal TT track. Of course, without the danger of drowning. :ohmy:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Ol'89r said:
Of course, without the danger of drowning. :ohmy:

... or hypothermia :whoa:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom