2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I donated to red cross.

We just went thru our closets about 2 weeks ago, we can prolly get Kid clothes tho.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I never would have thought donating clothes would be so hard. The red cross is advising used clothes go to the salvation army. We routinely give to goodwill so I will need to find a local salvation army store.

My wife also tried to call all the phone numbers trying to find out specific needed items. All she could get were recordings. :ugg:

So that leaves us with monetary donations. We will be donating online through redcross.org tonight.

I listened to radio interviews and read a few different papers today. For some reason this one seems to bother me more than all the problems in the world lately. I guess its because its so close to home and so sudden. Makes you realize how quickly things can go downhill.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I know a lot of people are heading down to the Evac station @ Old Norton AFB and some are headed down the backway to Lucerne , maybe that's the route to take, straight to the centers

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by JPIVEY
I know a lot of people are heading down to the Evac station @ Old Norton AFB and some are headed down the backway to Lucerne , maybe that's the route to take, straight to the centers

They say the line coming down the mountain is quite a few miles long and moving at a snails pace. Why did everyone wait so long? They had to know it was coming.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
The Red Cross is not accepting individual donations of goods. For more information, click here.

However, other relief agencies are accepting clothing and other donated goods at the San Bernardino International Airport's TWA hangar evacuation center. The airport address is: 294 S. Leland Norton Way, San Bernardino.

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Hey, I'm going to SB airport thursday afternoon, if anybody has some stuff and can't make it there, call me at 909.265.6350

I have some clothes and some pet food, lots of pets being boarded up.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
JP- I just got back the the SB airport. The Salvation Army has some trailers set up on the corner of Del Rosa and East Shepard Blvd. They are taking both new and used clothes. We also dropped off a check at Food4Less on the way back.

I heard on the way back that they can also use large pet cages and toys or activity stuff for young children.

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
What an Incredibly sad sight that was, to see all those people up rooted, it brings tears to your eyes and in the back ground was nothing but a chard Mountain and trails of smoke.

They can sure use a lot more stuff

Top Bottom