I'm from Germany...near the "Oktoberfest" :laugh:

Have a YZF 250 Model year 07.

Lookin forward to ride in the US....

Bye

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Hello,
Welcome to DRN. Sounds like you have a nice bike. I have always been a 2-stroke rider, and today I actually went for a ride on a 2007 YZ250F, WOW !! Cool bike!

Happy riding,
250girl

KRTRider

Apr 29, 2008
Hi,

yes...(for me) the best bike ever.
I've had a crf 250 "07 and the different between these 2 bikes are hughe.
I had installed an Akrapovic exhaust system....the bottom power is great.

Whould you buy a 4 stroke??

Think you have good conditions to ride every day, it is a problem to ride every day in Germany :pissed:

bye

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Hello again,

I must say I am very lucky because I have mountain trails practicially right out my back door. So I can ride any time that I want. And if I want to ride other trails, it is only a 30 minute drive to get to about three different riding areas. Why is it so hard to ride every day in Germany? I would love to go ride there some day....

So what was the difference between the YZ250F and the CRF250? I have always owned mostly Yamahas and I find them to be very good, well built and reliable, but there are a lot of people who wouldn't agree with me. Did you not like the CRF, did it have no power, or give you trouble?

And I don't know if I would buy a 4-stroke, I like it, but it is so different from the old 2-strokes that I am so used to. And the 2-strokes are so easy to work on.....but I think I would like that '07 YZ250F. I need to ride it a little more and get a feekl for it.

KRTRider

Apr 29, 2008
The Problem is germany is very populated. Every mile is a little town, the biggest problem is the noise. There are so many people who hate this sport.

You can't ride in the woods for example.

The huntsman hate Motorcycles. A young guy about 20 years, died last year. A huntsman spaned a cable between 2 trees, where the guys ride every day. He broke his neck.

For safe riding you have to go to the track. And there you have the problem with the noise. But there are tracks open the whole time, but very long to get there. But you can come over and look for your self....... ;)

So, i had a RMZ before the crf and yzf, and the power i think, is always the same, but the suspension.

Suspension of the rmz was good, and the worst was the crf. Good for turns, but if you riding fast straight away, it will be dangerous. it is so wobbly. I hate it.
The yzf is very stiff, and easy to ride. i like it very much.

Hm, for a girl i think you should take the crf. For small riders it is very good. The yzf has the highest seat...about 990mm.

And if you don't have any engine problems a 4 stroke cost the same as an 2 stroke. I had rode 2 strokes for 10 years......!

Have you ever been in Europe??

But why I'm asking....you live in the (MX-)paradise... :(

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
I am sorry to say I have never been to Europe, just Canada and the USA ( california ). I hope to go to Italy one day, as I have taken Italian speaking classes, and would love to have a chance to try it on real Italians. :)

As for biking, I have never even ridden on a track, and probably won't be any time soon. I ride everything from open logging roads at warp speed, to windy, sidehill mountain trails in first gear. I am a pure woods rider. In canada you can ride hourse on end, even days , and not be anywhere near civilization where people can hear you. Us Canadians like our space.

Hmm, sounds like the CRF would be too wobbly for me. I like one heck of a sturdy bike for the kind of riding I do. I found the YZF suspension quite pleasing. And yes, it was a tall bike, but I have been riding 250's since I was 13 and 5'5''. Tall bikes don't bother me at all, in fact, they feel really weird to me if they are short. I am so used to big 250 Yamahas.

And those bikers being killed my the cable. that is awful !! Did the hunter truly do it on purpose to get them?? Did he get arrested?

KRTRider

Apr 29, 2008
You like Italy?? :cool:
I'm there for MX Training 10times every year. They have the best tracks near Germany and they make the best pasta... :nod:

If you can got to Italy...DO IT!!!!!!! I think you'll like it. But you should learn some words in Italy.....they can't talk english. Only the children who learned that in school.

Yes, he did it to get them.
No, he didn't get arrested......but i don't know exactly what the judges said. The problem was that this area was a private area.

Top Bottom