Hi all.

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Just wanted to say HI to all my DRN buds.
I haven't been around here in a long time. Been to damn busy! :bang:
I have had a year to remember.
It started out with a nasty fall last christmas eve, hip swelled up like a watermelon after landing in a rock garden at high rate of speed. I was ridding over my head trying to stay in front of Thumbs on the bad ass 200mxc of his. :ride:
I just want to say he has come along way since our first ride together.Keep up the good work brother! :cool:
I was getting over than when another nasty get off left me out of commission for about 8 weeks.
Mxdigger and I was just fooling around out at Phelan on the big sand hills. We where bored with all the normal trails going up and down, so we started trying to make it more interesting by finding the hardest way up. Well I was going up this one path and it was all twisty and real steep when I caught a rock with the front wheel and just launched into space. I am telling you it catapulted me at least 10 feet straight up in the air and I ended up about 25 feet up the hill from where my bike came to rest. Scott said it looked like I hit a land mine. Well the shoulder made such a loud pop that I actually heard it! Tore the bone right off the shoulder blade. So now I have a permanent hump on my right shoulder and it is still weak.
But with all the down time, I dove into getting my fledgeling Vintage YZ business started. I now have a pretty decent line up of parts for the 81 and older YZ`s. I have reproducton stock size fuel tanks, fenders, seat foams, covers and even new FOX shocks. In fact in this weeks Cyclenews there is an article about a big vintage race at Rio Bravo Texas, the 355 bike that Brian Myerscough is riding is my bike and so is the one that Donny Cantaloupe is riding in the pictures.Thanks to Thump and Okie I have a decent web site too. Check it out X-tremevintageyz.com
Well the need to have parts made led me to buy a CNC machine and dive into the machine shop business, after 6 months of neutering it is starting to come around. We are making those TRU-TECH clamps you might have seen in the magizines lately.
The seat foam side of things is really going off, I make about 75 to 100 foams a week now. I have a whole line of vintage seat foams ( and adding more all the time ) plus a line of atv foams also. As far as I know, I am the only manufacturer witha tall foam for the 450`s from Yam and Honda.
So that is why I haven't been around much lately, this is allot to accomplish and still work a full time job!
But I really missed all you guys at dirt week this year. Hope to make it next year. I cant let CRswade and Bluethunder go another year with out a beating in the team Harescrambles race! :laugh:

Bundy

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
BUNDY! Hey buddy, I know I sure missed your large shadow at DirtWeek this year. Hope to "see" ya' around more.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Thought you got deported back to Mexico or something! Sounds like you've taken the falls for all the SoCal guys, thanks. Sorry to hear the injuries though, hang in there. Good luck on the bitness ventures, looks like it's working out fine. See you soon at the SoCal rides, hopefully!

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Hey Bundy, good to hear from you! Congrats on the new business. I hope it all works out for you. Man, it sucks to get hurt; that's why I'm so slow! Ha Ha!
Hey, since you know so much about vintage Yamahas I just might have to hit you up about info on my sons '86 YZ even though it's newer than what you specialize in.
I hope to see you on the trail again when you're all healed up!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Hey Bunster.

Glad to hear the business is workin' for ya. :cool:
Are you guys considering doing any soft seat foam for the late model mx bikes? There seems to be a pretty big market for that especially for the KTM's.

Hope to see ya out at some of our rides in the near future.

Ol'89r

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Ol89r,

I have thought about it, but Enduro Eng. has a line of seats for the ktms that they say are soft. But I guess a little compitetion wouldnt hurt.
I am thinking of doing a line of super motard seats with the speed bump on the back like Windham uses, and also a line of cut down flat track style seats.
Hey, you would know about this, I had a guy inquire if I could make tanks for the flattrak guys out of plastic. He said that the ones available now are either fiberglass and exspensive or hand hammerd aluminum and even more exspensive. What do you think?

bundy

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000

Bundy.

I would be interested in one of the cut-down motard/flattrack seats myself. I'm setting my CRF up for motard and flattrack.

The plastic flattrack tanks would be a good idea. It is very expensive to hammer one out of aluminum and they are having trouble with the glass ones due to the new race fuels eating them. If you need a couple of tanks for patterns, let me know. I have one for a Shell frame and one for a Trackmaster frame here at the shop.

The only problem I see is the size of the flattrack market and if it would justify the cost of your molds.

Ol'89r

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Good to hear from you mate - see you at Spanksgiving?

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Hey Bundy. Missed ya at DW bud. And by the way the Team HS was one by a 50 Yr old and a first timer. CAL's dad Lonnie and a boy from Memphis who is a B rider around here. Of course it helped them when 3 of us crashed in the gate to enter the woods and completely blocked the trail :yikes:

Glad to hear you are healing up and good luck on the business.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
BUNDY!!!! We've been wondering what happened to you! Glad the business(es) are going strong. Good luck with all of that. When you going to come ride with us again. We haven't had a roostfest since you came last time! :aj:

Are you still doing suspension work too?

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Bundy, ???, my gawd mun, good to hear from ya.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
JPIVEY said:
Bundy, ???, my gawd mun, good to hear from ya.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…