Hi, just got me one!

wannabe1

Feb 20, 2004
Hey all, first post here. I just bought a 93 KDX200. It is in ok shape, only 500 miles on the clock and cranks the first kick. Bike is all stock. The top-end has never been touched. There is some neglect and a little dry rot. The rubber boot between carb and cylinder will need replacing soon, is that a dealer part, or can it be found somewhere else? Outer part of air filter has deteriorated also, but inner foam was still ok. I will order a Uni or Twin Air. Headlight plastic is cracked, I may get an Acerbis. I haven't gotten the manual yet, so I will use the search and FAQ as much as possible, but may have to ask a few questions. Thanks.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
wannabe1 said:
Hey all, first post here. I just bought a 93 KDX200.

Welcome to the club.

wannabe1 said:
The top-end has never been touched. There is some neglect and a little dry rot. The rubber boot between carb and cylinder will need replacing soon, is that a dealer part, or can it be found somewhere else?

If the boot between the carb and reed block is cracked and sucking air, you'll need that fresh new top end sooner than later. That is a dealer part.

wannabe1 said:
I will order a Uni or Twin Air.

Anything will be better than a dry, cracked filter. Get two filters, this way you can rotate them without much hassle.

wannabe1 said:
I haven't gotten the manual yet, so I will use the search and FAQ as much as possible, but may have to ask a few questions. Thanks.

The manual has the best "actual" information in it :thumb: We're good for the occasional truth :laugh:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Congrats on the bike,
rv6junkie is right about the top end, but if you just have to ride right away :yeehaw: fix the air boot and air filter first. Change the oil, use fresh gas and go easy on it for a while as the bottom end could have some sludge from old gas and oil, also may have a little rust. Change the oil when hot after each ride the first few times to hopfullly drain out said sludge, rust, and dead flys that may have found there way in there. :) I would check the engine as soon as possible though.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…