High Compression top end Gasket set?

Vaulta

Jan 19, 2004
Iam looking to get a top end gasket set and saw two different kinds for my 1999 KDX200 and was wondering if thier was a difference. Should I get a high compression one or does it not make a difference. thanx
vaulta

KDXNick

~SPONSOR~
Oct 15, 2002
How much more compression are you talking? Yeah, you might have to change the jetting a bit, but that's no biggie. You usualy have to do that anyway seasonaly for late fall/early spring vs. summer riding. I'd be more worried about the octane upgrade. Typicaly higher compression engines demand higher octane ratings. Thats one of the main reasons that I have stayed away from mods that increase compression. I love to race, but unfortunatly I can no longer invest the time or money to compete in the season full time. When I did, I ran a high-compression head and gasket; but I also paid $30-$45 for 5gal. of race gas. This combo does boost preformance a bit (and your exhaust smells like you're standing behind the gate at a National Outdoor), but it sucks if you do a 300mi. long weekend with your friends. I switched back to a stock head and gasket, running 100 octane for races and 94 for everything else.
-Nick

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom