wallasaki

May 23, 2002
Yesterday was the big show-down, I entered the trails area and headed straight for "The Hill". Like a Boxer heading down the aisle to the ring, I was both nervous and excited. On the way I was pondering the advice given and had my ascent planed out from bottom to top. I circled the base reving and thinking, again staring down my opponent. With very little approach I new I was going to have to hit it hard to get into 2nd gear. A few last revs and off I went. The back tire spun madly and w/in the lower 1/4 of the hill I had not gained the speed I thought I would need, so I made a u-turn around a big oak where many others before me chickened out or failed an attempt. With a slight adjustment of my helmet, removal of my goggles,(getting sweaty), I started up again. This time I got into 2nd earlier, and to my surprise, no bogging, hesitation, nothing; I was into the higher rpms, over my handlebars, and face to face w/ "my hill". I past the "u-turn" much faster than before, and could not belive how fast I was going, dodging roots and rocks, I flew to the slight turn on the hill. I made the turn in 2nd but soon lost rpms fast - I was going down - literally. I broke from my state of fear long enough to downshift and headed for the top. Unfortunately I still had to cross the "bump" at the top with the almost vertical finish. Still in 1st, I went for the K.O.. At the bump, I started to loop my front tire!!! It was over, so I thought; from the darkest recess of my brain I heard a voice" feather the clutch" and I listened - and tractored my way over the top. After a much needed rest at the top, I headed down - which I never considered - this was the scariest part of the experience. Thanks to all.

Last edited:

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
wall.....u da man......what stinkin hill , awesome dude !!!!! what do u think ur heart rate was lol.congrats bud. :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
That sounds like a pretty kick arse hill. My KDX and I love hunting for hills like that. If you really want to have some fun...encourage your friends to get MX bikes then go watch them try and make it up the hills.

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
Way to go, wallasaki!! Face your fears & conquer 'em! I love hill climbing. A couple of weeks ago I hit a big rock half way up a long steep one and did a no handed, no footed, 200 degree backflip. It always amazes me how tuff these bikes are!

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
:thumb:

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!

I knew that you could do it. :worship: Now that you have the technique - Hills are in danger!! You must now start off on a quest to conquer all. I know that there are some hill climb compititions coming up in October. Look out for wallasaki!! :thumb:

Now - meet me in WV at Hatfield-McCoy and help me up the one hill that i have so much trouble with. :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom