Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Well HM is basically a pretty decent quality bike.  Parts are scarce.  Almost nothing at all aftermarket or high performance.  They won't run with the Cobra's and KTM's but they are pretty darn fast.  I'd say its a good entry to mid level bike.  Just find someone you can order parts from before buying one.  ALL  the minis break so I usuaully reccomend buying whatever bike you have local support for.  Cobra has a trackside support program at a lot of tracks but KTM is stepping up all throughout the country.  In the east Polini has good support but it hasn't made it in the west as much yet.

SicAir

Jan 3, 2002
Thanks for the reply.

I was beginning to think HM's didn't exist outside Australia as no one seems to know much about them. I was looking at is as a step up for a 7 y/old from an XR 50.

Ann

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Its definetley a step up.  Much better suspension, about 3 times the horsepower.  Only one gear though.  Don't fret you kid will pick up riding it quick.  One tip with the 2-stroke mini's  Change the gearbox oil  EVERY ride.  WE use the $4 a gallon Dexron3 automatic transmission fluid from Wal-mart in My sons Cobra.  But change it every, and I mean every, time you ride.   It will save costly clutch repairs.  Its by far the most neglected thing on the bike.  Also clean the air filter  pretty much every time.  I have 6 filters and i just rotate them through.  We race 2 moto's and then change filters.  Sometimes after one I will change it depending on the track conditions.

The Cobra and HM are fairly similar.  If I remember correctly HM stands for Honda Montessa.  It was a colaboration bike.  In the back of the motorcycle mags there is a place that advertises that it has parts.  We race with a guy that used to race one.  I'll ask him where he got parts from.

200Proof

Feb 27, 2001
If you're looking for a bike for you son just coming off a XR50 I have a 2001 Husqvarna CR50 Jr for sale. I got it for my son just coming of a PW50. It has the same Motor Morini engine that came in the air cooled KTM Pro Jr but has a front disc brake that the KTM didn't have. You can find parts everywhere for these engines. I will also include an extra cylinder, head, carb & throttle for the bike. I also have some of my son's gear that he outgrew that I will include as well, Thor pants, jersey, gloves & boots. If interested e-mail me at: globalimages2000@hotmail.com

Mario

Feb 20, 2003
May be a bit late coming to this one but I have (or my 5 year old son does) the HM50 CRX Junior Competition bike running about 13bhp. We initially found problems but now have a really decent supply of parts. If you have one, now, I have some set up tips that were given to me. Change the springs in from 13 on each arm to 11. This will allow the clutch to spin out quicker and give you a better response at lower revs. Also if you are not using the full top end of the bike/engine change the gearing ratios to 10 front and 50 back. The combination of the springs and sprockets will give you a much better response and my son, is flying.

Best of luck.

Mario

hilly

Aug 1, 2008
crx 50

:ride: hi any1 know where i can get parts for my daughters crx 50 ive been told that its made by honda montessa does any1 know about them

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
it was a honda montessa colaboration. uses a morini S5 motor. most of the engine parts from a 1999 ktm sr will work. there was a guy in new mexico that did air cooled only ktm's...he was having health problems but he had the best stock of morini s5 parts around.

Feb 9, 2015
I bought a hm crx 50cc but now I can't find parts. I didn't realize it was so hard to find parts till I got it home. anyone know where I could get parts. Or should I just sell it?

Ricky123

Jul 17, 2020
I
I bought a hm crx 50cc but now I can't find parts. I didn't realize it was so hard to find parts till I got it home. anyone know where I could get parts. Or should I just sell it?
I own a Crx 50, i had a front sprocket made then used cr 80 chain and rear sprocket, piston was from Europe, rings from America,,break pads from china, i made my own gaskets and break cables. I have a new front sprocket as it wasnt much difference in price to have two made. I only know if two mine and one at the bike museum in Nimben i think owned by Brian from canberra. Good bike very fast, but parts are impossible to find, apparently only 200 made world wide but dont qoute me on that.
If you need a front nee sprocket or want to sell your bike i will buy it regards Rick

Ochova

Sep 18, 2021
Ricky123
i have one also Forsale in Arizona.

Attachments

• 55CAA747-5185-4369-B84B-A35CA65B8287.jpeg
    55CAA747-5185-4369-B84B-A35CA65B8287.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 89
  • CE0EEFFD-528E-46D4-8BAF-67154F15723B.jpeg
    CE0EEFFD-528E-46D4-8BAF-67154F15723B.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 85
  • 9C8BBC6F-E133-4332-A090-0F802E6846E2.jpeg