KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
ive bought all the things to make the fibreglass pipe guard ive read the page on JUSTKDX but was wonderimg if ne1 has any other tips or tricks that might make this job easier / better.... thanx all

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Umm, I don't remember the instructions verbatum, but it might help to take the pipe off ,and lay it with the part you are trying to cover up. I have done some other fiberglass projects and it's verry difficult to get the mat to stick and stay unless gravity is there to keep it pulled down.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
I wrote those directions and I have come to the conclusion that if you take your time and really try to do a good job, it will come out very good. Try and make everything as smooth as possible so you dont have to spend too much time sanding later on. I have had some difficulties with it melting when the pipe gets hot, and there have been a number of different ways to combat this mentioned on the board. This season I am going to try and lay a piece of heat resistant fabric in between the pipe and the guard. Good luck!

kdxme

Apr 7, 2002
I just made two guards with a product called vinyl ester resin from tap plastics. vinyl ester holds up very well to heat and i have not problems with it. in fact ive taken it off to clean the mud out and it still looks new.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
i tried to find some posts on combatting the fibreglass melting but i couldnt find "JACK". i dont know if im doin something wrong but anyway if any1 has or is using a guard that they have made how thick did u make urs and how do u stop it from melting and how bad does it melt... thanx guys n girls.... safe riding...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom