SuperDave

Mar 6, 2001
This weekend looks to be really nice. Is anybody heading to either Honda Hills or New Vienna to ride? There are 4 of us going this weekend but have yet to decide on which place. The more the better so if anyone is heading out let me know! :D

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
Had you asked me last weekend, I would be able to go New Vienne, but I am working 8-5 on sunday :(

------------------
"You know your introuble when you see the landing ramp, before you land"
--TTR-250 MX--
My Photos

SuperDave

Mar 6, 2001
TT-R - thats a bummer. :( Make sure you drop me a line if you guys head out sometime. It would be cool to meet some fellow DRN members. That goes for any body in the vicinity. We usually stay closer to home (New Vienna, DMC, Kenworthys) but we are always up to for a road trip. We try to make it out to Haspen Acres a few times each season. They have improved that place a ton. Big mx track with some fun jumps and a lot of trails if you like to ride in the woods.

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I'll be trying to talk my buddie that trailors my bike everywhere into going to new vienna but it don't look likly. In all probability I'll be going to Haspin. I will give you confrimation before friday on what day it will be. This is all depending if he gets his lower fork tube delevered before then.

Hey super dave! Haven't seen you on this board till now, whats up! I'm Dave too. I live right at the northern tip of 275 where it meets up with 75 and 71. Know where I'm talking about? Man we all need to get together. About 5 guys I ride with are planing a huge trip/party to haspin on april 20th. We should all get together that weekend, if not sooner.

------------------
1997 Kx 125
1997 GSX-R 750
Doin a wheely between a rock and a hard place.

SuperDave

Mar 6, 2001
I know exactly where your at. I used to live in Fairfield and Hamilton for a while. Then moved up to Dayton. I work at Competition Accessories in Springfield and a friend told me about this website. Its the greatest. There are a bunch of us who race and ride here. So we are always up to go riding, racing, etc. April 20th sounds cool to me I will pass the word along to all my friends. We will start going to New Vienna every chance we get now that the weather is starting to look good. So keep in touch and let me know when you plan to head that way and I will do the same.

SuperDave

SuperDave

Mar 6, 2001
We will be going to New Vienna on Sat the 31st as long as the weather holds out. So if anyone would like to join us come on out!

------------------
SuperDave
97 RM250

jparrish

Nov 29, 1999
Thanks SuperDave. I might be able to scoot out on Sunday (the conference ends Sunday morning). If anyone can go riding the first of the week, say Monday or Tuesday, let me know.

Firemedic530

Nov 12, 2000
I will be coming down after I take my son to the Circus. The circus is at 11:00 and I am hoping to be down @ New Vienna around 3:00. I will be riding a #530 DRZ.Tim

------------------
DRZETIM's new name

SuperDave

Mar 6, 2001
Cool! I will be on a RM250 #963. Should have a guy on a new CR250 and a guy on a YZ125 with me. Look forward to meeting you. Hopefully the weather holds out. They seem to be calling for showers now. :mad:

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I may be able to get a spare truck and head on up to New Veinna. Saturday their calling for rain in the evening! Sounds promissing.
I'll be on a 97 KX 125 jeans black and white jersey and helmet. God I hope he'll let me borrow his truck.

Cycle Specialties is the best shop in town by far! I've been in there alot you've probably seen me. Do you work at the counters?

------------------
1997 Kx 125
1997 GSX-R 750

[This message has been edited by Jewell (edited 03-30-2001).]

SuperDave

Mar 6, 2001
I work at Competition Accessories in Springfield not Cycle Specialties. I do purchasing for the oem brands we carry. Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, BMW, and Ducati. I havent heard of Cycle Specialties, where is it located?

If the weather stays cool we will be there around noonish maybe a little later.

------------------
SuperDave
97 RM250

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
oups. Cycle Specialties is in harrison right up the hill from Edge Water drag strip. It's not nearly as big as the Compitition Acc. Store but the people there are very knowledgeable. Hope to see ya all riding Saturday.

------------------
1997 Kx 125
1997 GSX-R 750

Firemedic530

Nov 12, 2000
I made it down @ about 3:45. I couldn't remeber what # you had on your RM, so I eyeballed everyone that was on an RM ;) I figured since I was the only DRZ I would be easy to find :( I still met a couple of nice guys, but maybe next time we can hook up. I stayed till 6:30 then when I was leaving a kid on an 80 tried the quad jump on the right side of the main track. He definitely broke his right ankle and probably broke his left. I can't seem to go down there without having to "work" on someone :( I don't know if the kid intentionally tried that jump, but he had no business trying it. That is the only jump on the track I haven't tried yet. It is the section that has a small tabletop out of the corner, followed by a small double, then a small double that can be jumped onto the table top after it. They call it a quad( I guess a tabletop counts as two?). It is a further leap than the triple. Let me know when you guys plan on going again. Tim

SuperDave

Mar 6, 2001
We must have just missed each other. We left right around the time you were getting there. Besides it being really crowded, it was pretty cool. I know what jump you are talking about. I saw a few people doing it and figured I would keep my bones in one piece since it was the first time out this year and on a new bike. I will let you know next time we head that way. What days are good for you? Weekdays, weekends? Let me know and we can try to schedule something.
Superdave

Top Bottom