Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
I need to know a little info on a 4 stroke pipe for an 2000 XR400, and I thought in my head, who better than the thumper kings themselves to help me out.

A friend of mines dad had one on his Honda, but hated the noise and put the factory pipe back on. Im not sure if its a "quiet" or "racing pipe." I have been to the Big Gun website to check out pricing on this pipe and it seems pretty high.

My first question is: Is there a big demand for Big Gun pipes?

Second: Whats the amount of "pipe life?" This pipe was on for about a year and then taken off. Would it be worth selling?

Thanks,

Milk

gomojo

Jul 6, 2002
my brother had a Big Gun Quiet on his 02 husaberg 470 and he really liked it. i've riden it and the power was good and the was'nt obnoxious. i think their demand is getting bigger, i plan to try one on a WR450F.

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
Check ebay - the right price is the one someone is willing to pay!

A 1 year old exhaust should be just fine as far as lifespan. Simply look it over make sure all the screws/rivets are intact and not rattled out and there's no dents (that aren't meant to be there!), other than that, I'd say something that's been used a year would be worth about 1/2 of new. Just a ballpark - but it could get more on ebay.

BTW, the general thought on the XR400 is that the stock headpipes are really good, most people just replace the pipes from the collector on back. For basically stock machines, this seems to give the best power on the dyno and in riding tests.

Top Bottom